Monday, February 8, 2010

Here Come the ABC's...

I am sure I am not alone when I say how cringe worthy I find some children's music.  I actually feel guilty typing that but one can only stand so many rousing verses of "The Wheels on the Bus" screeched out by a pack of 5 year olds.  Enter Here Come the ABC's preformed by They Might Be Giants as the perfect antidote.  They Might Be Giants are a pop/alternative band who just happen to make children's music on the side.

Here Comes the ABC's is a CD that the kids and I all love and sing along to.  The catchy lyrics teach children (and parents!) not only the ABC's but about vowels, letter groupings and even an occasional geography lesson.  I often find myself singing along to such favorites as "Alphabet Lost and Found" and "Qu".  The boys love to hear "E Eats Everything" as well as "Alphabet of Nations" which has not only helped teach them the ABC's but the countries of Mongolia and Oman! 

I can't say enough positive things about this CD/DVD set.  It is educational, catchy, and something you can easily imagine playing on mainstream radio.  A+ for this one...buy it even if you don't have kids to entertain!

No comments: