Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Many Colored Days...

My Many Colored Days by Dr. Seuss has been a favorite at our house for quite some time.  This is one of my favorite Dr. Seuss books and is far less silly than many of his tales.  In this vividly illustrated board book, Dr. Seuss uses colors to help kids understand feelings.  For example on a yellow day a child becomes a "busy, buzzy bee" while green days they are more like "a cool and quiet fish".

I think this is such a favorite around here because of how animated you can become while reading the book.  On a pink day there is a happy voice and a black day brings the mad voice...the kids love that and I love having a book that helps them understand the complexity of feelings even at such a young age.   I would recommend this book for toddlers on up and give it a "B" rating.

No comments: