Saturday, March 6, 2010

My First Mirror by Lamaze...

From what I understand all babies pretty much despise  tummy time.  Who can really blame the poor babes though?  You are still developing neck muscles and it is a major struggle to lift your head off the blanket.  Sounds like not so much fun to me too!  I also know how important it is for them to have tummy time so I was really anxious to try out the My First Mirror by Lamaze with baby number three.

My First Mirror is a multi-purpose toy.  It is a detachable (non-breakable of course!) mirror that includes a soft, brightly colored wedge to place on the floor for tummy time.  The mirror can also be attached to the crib/pack and play, stroller etc...making it portable fun (yay!).  Now, I am not going to lie.  Baby number three still does not love tummy time but a fun mirror to gaze into IS more incentive for her to lift that heavy head.  The bright colors of the mirror frame and wedge are appealing to the eye and I like that the wedge is not heavily adorned with other "things".  The baby can simply focus on his/her face without being over stimulated by a bunch of other toys hanging in his/her face. 

I give a thumbs up to this reasonably priced toy for the multi-use factor and helping make tummy time a little less traumatic.

No comments: