Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Cat in the Hat & Other Dr. Seuss Favorites (audio book)...

The other day the kids and I borrowed the most wonderful audio book from the library...The Cat in the Hat & Other Dr. Seuss Favorites.  It is absolutely the best to listen to when you are on the road.  It is all your favorite Dr. Seuss books read by some of your very favorite voices.  Kelsey Grammar reads The Cat in the Hat, Ted Danson reads The Lorax and Walter Matthau does How the Grinch Stole Christmas beautifully.  I would have to say that my personal favorite is Dustin Hoffman reading Horton Hears a Who.  His voice changes with every character and he really captures the feel of the book.  I was actually tearing up when he read "a person's a person no matter how small"!  Maybe I was a little too involved in the story and should have been more focused on the traffic!  The boys were also captivated and were listening and laughing away during our drive.

This 2 disc set includes 9 popular Dr. Seuss reads, the ones I mentioned above plus:  Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are, The Cat in the Hat Comes Back, Yertle the Turtle, Horton Hatches the Egg and Thidwick the Big Hearted Moose.  They are just such great books read by some fantastic voices....it will definitely make your car ride more enjoyable.  In fact, they are so enjoyable that even though all three of my children were lulled to sleep by the car ride, I continued to listen on!  I am also excited that all the stories are unabridged so the kids can follow along with the book as well. 

Love, love, love this audio book and would recommend it for any Dr. Seuss fan (is anyone not a Dr. Seuss fan??).  Borrow a copy from your library or pick one up here...

No comments: