Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sid The Science Kid Gotta Know Microphone.....

I think most people with a pre-schooler are probably pretty familiar with Sid the Science Kid.  Sid is the inquisitive little guy on PBS who "wants to know why things happen and how".  It is an adorable show that uses great songs to teach kiddos about science.  My guys like watching Sid and finding out about the science of things while having some laughs along the way.   Sid is never without his trusty microphone which he sings into and uses to ask his many questions.  For those of you without pre-schooler just an FYI....microphones are super cool for this age group!  I like Sid because it is a show the kids enjoy coupled with learning.  Sid the Science Kid has earned high recognition for children's programming such as 4 Daytime Emmy Awards and a Parent's Choice Recommendation.  You don't have to feel guilty for turning on a little Sid!

I was sent the Sid The Science Kid Gotta Know Microphone to review and I let the boys take the reigns on this one.  The moment they saw the box containing the microphone excitement was the name of the game.  I could not get it out of the box fast enough!  Right away they noticed it was the same microphone Sid uses and they could not wait to test it out.  Here are a few specifics of the Sid The Science Kid Gotta Know Microphone...

Product Features



-Electronic microphone, modeled after the one in the television series

-Lets kids tell jokes, interview and sing with its laughter, applause, theme song and echo features

-Explore your world with an electronic microphone just like the Sid the Science Kid character’s on the animated television series

-Fun push-button features let you create applause noise after you've interviewed someone, laughter noise when you've told a joke

-For extra fun, set it to echo mode and listen to your voice echo echo everywhere you go

-Even the Sid the Science Kid series theme song and silly sounds when you're ready to sing

Every one of these fun options got my 3.5 year olds excited.  When they pushed the button that sings the Sid theme song they started to sing along into the microphone...it was adorable.  Even Baby R got a kick out of the silly sounds and would chuckle each time her brothers would push that button.  I think the favorite feature with my boys was the "echo mode".  Echo mode allows you to speak into the microphone and have your voice echo back at you...just like you are in some deep, dark cave...my guys love this!  Last night every time they replied to a question it was in "echo mode"!  I am expecting the same from today and am already thinking I may need a second microphone so both my budding Sids can echo at me at the same time!
 
This is a great toy that my kids enjoy.  It is easy to use with buttons that are just right for small hands.  It is recommended for ages 3-6 and I think this is right on.  It uses 3AAA batteries to make all these wonderful sounds and echos.  It is made by Hasbro which, from my experience, makes a durable toy that lasts. 
 
The Sid The Science Kid Gotta Know Microphone is in stores now so pick one up for your favorite scientist.  You can check it out here...

Disclosure: This is a sponsored post and I was provided with a Sid the Science Kid Gotta Know Microphone by The Jim Henson Company to review.  The opinions in this post are entirely my own. Your experience may differ from mine. This post has not been reviewed or edited by anyone. I was not compensated in any other way for this review.

3 comments:

Emmi said...

I love this thing! Got an award for ya!
http://mommys-freetime.blogspot.com/2010/06/blog-award.html

Lara said...

Great review! My daughter loves Sid!

Zander Nana said...

I'm a new mommy. I found the show. I love it! I started looking for the microphone only to realize it's out of production. Do you still have yours and can I please buy it from you?