Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Willow Bedding by Kidsline...

When I was pregnant with my daughter my husband and I decided to not find out the gender.  We were both excited to be surprised but I was a little less excited about decorating the nursery when I saw how little there was out there that was gender neutral.  I knew I wanted something soothing and not heavy on the characters but what I found was decidedly pink or blue.  After lots of looking I finally found a set that was exactly what I wanted....Willow by Kidsline.  This is exactly what I wanted for our nursery.

The color palette is a nice light, sage green with chocolate brown and cream.  Forest creatures line the border but not overly much so.  The deer, squirrels and birds are simply done and are just the right amount of "cuteness".  I also think this set is truly gender neutral.  It is nice for my daughter but would have worked out completely for a boy.  I have also been very impressed with the quality.  The set is made of a nice, soft, organic cotton that has held up very well so far.  I can also speak about the quality of Kidsline....we had the Zanzibar set for the twins and it looked brand new after 3 years of use! 

The four piece bedding set includes the quilt, bumpers, sheet and dust ruffle.  There are quite a few other accessories to choose from that are sold separately.  One "sort of" downside is that the bumper is quite plush.  Now that my daughter is standing up in the crib I have taken it out because I am afraid she will stand on it and climb out.  I use a portion of the bumper now as a  pillow for our rocker.

So, after much searching I finally find the  perfect (for me!) gender neutral bedding.  I am going to add some pink owls to the motif and I think they will add the perfect amount of "girliness" to Baby R's room.  Stay tuned for updates on my search for the perfect pink owls!


2 comments:

Simply Stacie said...

I am your newest follower from Trailing Tuesdays!

http://simplystacie.net

Stuff Parents Need said...

I absolutely adore this emsemble. It was actually ALMOST what I went with for our little girl.

When it was all said and done, I totally surprised myself by going with a pink set (just couldn't resist the cute birds on it), but I loved this one so much, too. Excellent choice!