Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Enjoy Life Foods...

Have I ever mentioned that one of my twins has a serious walnut allergy?  Well, we discovered this last year and I now am a diligent label reader and food questioner.  I don't ever want to have to have to use that Epi Pen!  For our family, it has been a bit of a challenge to find healthy snack foods.  Lots of the quick and easy "go-to" snacks like granola, granola bars and trail mix include nuts.  I am always on the lookout for nut free snacks and I hit the jackpot when I found Enjoy Life Foods.

Enjoy Life Foods is a company whose products contain none of the 8 most common allergens (wheat/gluten, dairy, peanuts, tree nuts, egg, soy, fish or shellfish).  Big sigh of relief for so many!  The plant where all of Enjoy Life Foods are processed is also dedicated solely to being allergen free as well so there is no fear of cross contamination.  Enjoy Life Foods makes a wide variety of foods such as cereals, cookies, granola, trail mixes, snack bars, bagels and more.  This is great news for those limited to what they can eat because of food allergies! 

Enjoy Life Foods was kind enough to send me and the family a wide variety of their products to test out and we could not wait to dig in.  When I explained to "W" that none of these snacks had nuts and they were all safe for him he just beamed.  We first dug into the granola.  Granola is something we really love at out house but is nearly impossible to find nut free.  Enjoy Life's granola is delicious!  There is no feeling like "something is missing" without the nuts.  It is tasty and crunchy and perfect on top of yogurt or as an afternoon snack.  Our favorite flavor is the Very Berry Crunch.

We also really enjoyed the cookies.  We tried the Snicker doodles and the Chocolate Chip and both were moist, delicious and gone before we knew it!  We tried a variety of the bars and while they were a bit denser than what we were used to they were very tasty.  Now for my absolute favorite snack....the trail mix.  This stuff is amazing and addictive.  I don't just love this because it is nut free....I love it because it is completely fabulous.  Enjoy Life Foods makes two kinds of trail mix, Beach Bash and Mountain Mambo and they are both great.  Mountain Mambo is my favorite though and I am sorry to say I did not share as much as I should have.  I am going to have to replenish this bag ASAP before the boys realize I have polished it off!  Mountain Mambo is made from pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, dried fruit and chocolate chips.  It is the perfect all around snack...salty, sweet and crunchy.  This one is a real winner!

Enjoy Life Foods is a real find for those with food allergies.  Actually, Enjoy Life Foods is a find for all!  Healthy, safe snacks for the whole family....you can't lose with this one!   You can find a listing of the grocers who carry their products here.  Their products can also be purchased online and a list of those retailers can be found here.  Be sure to pick up some of these yummy snacks for you and your family...just make sure you pick up a secret stash of the Mountain Mambo for your very own!

8 comments:

wacki04 said...

That trail mix looks yummy! We can inhale trail mix at my house! I'll have to keep an eye out next time I go to Dierbergs!

Living on Love and Cents said...

WOW! Thank you so much for sharing this! My daughter has a severe peanut allergy and is very sensitive to many other things. I was not fimilar with this brand. I will start looking for these products! Thank you!

Katie said...

Wow - That is great. I love companys that cater to people with allergies - there are so many people who seem to have them today...Thanks for introducing me to them!

{meant to be} MAMA said...

This is great! Thanks for sharing with us. I know a lot of moms who are really concerned with food allergies! I'll be sure to pass along the info to them.

lisa said...

It's hard for an adult to have diet limitations but for a child it's heartbreaking. This looks like a great product. Thanks for sharing.

demmi said...

the trail mix sounds great

Mom vs. the boys said...

they actually look pretty yummy, I'm so glad we don't have to deal with allergies to food (not yet anyway) it must worry you silly. good thing there are companies like this!

flmom said...

I see on the photos that these are vegan - yay! I'll have to look for them when shopping.