Friday, August 6, 2010

Flashback Friday...Designs 2-U Baby Safe Feeder

These are a true staple at our house now with Baby R.  These are so great for teething and I have been freezing blackberries to put inside these little feeders for a sweet treat to soothe her gums.  Read on for a trip down memory lane...

Solid foods and teething are now in full swing with my 6 month old daughter.  Now that I am in the thick of this stage again I am remembering the things that made this stage a little easier.  One of my favorite tools of the trade is the Designs 2-U Baby Safe Feeder. 

This handy little gadget is a safe way to give your little munchkin fruit pieces.  You simply put a piece of fruit in the removable net and screw on the handle.  Presto...your baby can hold onto the feeder like a rattle and gum pieces of banana, mango, grape or whatever else his/her palate craves.  I am also a big fan of putting frozen fruit (particularly grapes) in the feeders as a teething aid.  The cold fruit soothes those poor little gums while providing a nice little frozen treat. 

The feeder is made of a heavy duty plastic and can take the beatings of a baby playing drop the feeder onto the tile over and over again.  The feeder and the mesh nets can be washed in the dishwasher.  Now a bit about cleaning....the nets can get a little "oogie" particularly after bananas.  Immediately after using I rinse them and give them a little soak before putting them in the top rack of the dishwasher....this usually works but sometimes they need a little extra scrubbing.  I suggest buying a set of the replacement bags to have on hand as well.

These baby feeders are a MUST have in this house.  They give babies a tool in which to feed themselves while also helping out with those tough days of teething.  Stock up!

3 comments:

Knoodle Knits said...

I just started following your blog, found it through Making Friends Monday. Would love if you follow me too! Added the MFM button to my blog too.
http://www.knoodleknits.blogspot.com

Knoodle Knits said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Misfit Momma aka Missy said...

I used these when my baby was younger. I did not give her baby food, just regular food but used one of these for the first few weeks especially for things like apples. They really came in handy!