Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Pajama Program...

This post is a little different than my "normal" Reviewed By Mom posts but I hope you all don't mind.   Have you all heard about the Pajama Program?  I heard about it a few years back and was instantly smitten with the cause.  The Pajama Program provides new pajamas and new books to children in need, many of whom are waiting to be adopted.  When I think about my kids, sleeping right now after a bedtime story in cozy pajamas, it absolutely breaks my heart to think of a child out there going to bed without the coziness jammies and a book can provide. 

I know we all have our favorite causes and charities that are near and dear to us and I wanted to share one of mine with you.  The Pajama Program is now preparing for what they call the "Danger Season".  Danger season begins October 1st when the temperatures begin to really drop and children are at the most vulnerable and needing something warm to sleep in.  You can read more about the Pajama Program on their website, http://www.pajamaprogram.org/ and, if you are interested, find out ways you can help.  I was happy to see most states have at least one local chapter where you can contact a person about hosting pajama and book drives and find out where you can do a drop off.  You can also donate directly from an Amazon.com wish list of pajamas in the most needed sizes.

I am not affiliated with the Pajama Program at all I just simply wanted to highlight an organization that is out there doing amazing things.  The idea of sending each and every child to bed with a book and the comfort of new pajamas is something that gives me "happy tears" as one of my son's would say.  Sleep Tight Everyone!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

What a great program i have never heard of it before. It sounds like something that my Girl Scout troop would love to help. Thanks for sharing!