Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Vapur...The Anti-Bottle

As you know I am trying to do my part for the environment.  I recycle.  I try and use Eco-friendly products.  I even think about composting (still thinking on this one!).  In my quest to be a "greener mommy" I came across the fabulous "Anti-Bottle" from Vapur.

What is the Anti-Bottle you ask?  Well, it is this ultra handy water bottle that can be filled up, frozen, folded when empty and even put in the dishwasher to clean.  How cool is this??  Take a look at my new fashion accessory...
I am telling you...this anti-bottle is so handy!  On a recent trip to an island I had all three kids with me meaning I had no extra hands.  I clipped my Vapur anti-bottle onto my backpack for our trek over on the ferry and we were good to go (love the included clip!!).  I was also stopped by no fewer than five people asking me not about my adorable children (how dare they!) but about my super cool drinking device!  Can I now be considered a trendsetter??

On top of being handy the Vapur Anti-Bottle is out to save the planet.  Here is some shocking information from Vapur's website about bottled water...

It takes 17 million barrels of oil each year to make water bottles for the U.S. market(7). That would be enough oil to fuel 1.3 million cars for a year. 37,800 18-wheelers deliver bottled water around the country every week(8). Manufacturing and filling the plastic water bottles, on average wastes 30-40% of the water involved in the process. Only 60-70% of the water ends up in the bottles on supermarket shelves. This is partly because the bottle-making machines are cooled by water(9). Most water bottles are made from polyethylene terephthalate (PET), which is a polymer derived from oil. Only 23% of water bottles are recycled- 38 billion are land filled each year(10).

Yikes!!!  Staying hydrated is obviously important but equally important is being smart about it!  Ditch those water bottles people and buy yourself a super cool Vapur Anti-Bottle.  Be a trendsetter!!

Buy one for you and one for a friend on Vapur's website today.  The Earth will thank you....

1 comment:

Christina said...

I have one of these that I won from another blog and I LOVE IT!! If you are considering buying a water bottle to do your part for the environment this is a great one to go with and really affordable! I think my son wants mine so I might just order him one too!