Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Watch It Wednesday...The Penguins of Madagascar Happy Julien Day & New to the Zoo




Welcome to Reviewed By Mom's newest feature....Watch It Wednesday!  Each Wednesday I will feature a new release DVD that you can enjoy (or not in some cases!) with your family.  This week I am happy to do a review on The Penguins of Madagascar Happy Julien Day and New To The Zoo.

If you have younger children you have probably seen the hugely popular Madagascar movies....A&W really enjoyed those so I was really excited to watch The Penguins of Madagascar Happy Julie Day and New To The Zoo with them.  The penguins were favorite characters from the Madagascar movies and now have their own  Emmy award winning series on Nickelodeon as well as these two brand new DVD's which were just released yesterday.

As I suspected, these two flicks did not disappoint.  A&W laughed and laughed at the antics of these crazy characters.  I am not going to lie here...I laughed right along with the boys.  The humor is silly but watchable for the whole family.  The dialogue is clever and the animation really is incredible.  These DVD's are definitely the sort the adults can enjoy right along with the kids (thank you, thank you!!). 

Happy Julien Day features eight Julien-filled missions in tribute to the wacky king of the jungle and New To The Zoo showcases eight episodes that each introduces a new character to the zoo.  Each of the DVD's has an 88 minute run time.  I really like how the episodes are on the shorter side so you can enjoy a bit of downtime without committing to a whole movie at once. 

So, to sum it up, A&W are big fans and so am I.  I think both videos would make an excellent addition to your movie collection and I can pretty much guaranty laughs and giggles from the whole family, no matter what the age.  Enjoy!




7 comments:

Sheri Carpetenter said...

Great review. I am going to have to watch with my son!!

Misfit Momma aka Missy said...

My kids are so excited to see these DVD's! They just love these silly penguins :)

The Spears Family said...

I love the Madagascar movies myself! Will check these out as potential "road trip" viewing options. Thanks!

Katie said...

I love the Penguins of Madagascar - yes I am an adult lol - My FAVORITE is King Julien of course!

Mom vs. the boys said...

we are fans of these movies ourselves! good to hear you guys liked them!

Living on Love and Cents said...

My 4 year old loved the first one. And I can always use a good laugh! Thanks for suggesting this!

dealightfullyfrugal said...

My kids love the Penguins of Madagascar. Of course, my son's favorite is King Julien.