Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Christmas Carol Pop-Up Book Review...

I have my hands on the most beautiful pop up book you can imagine....Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol by artist Chuck Fisher.  It is honestly breathtaking and a lovely decoration and keepsake for the holidays.

This beautiful re-imagining of Charles Dickens's timeless fable, A Christmas Carol: A Pop-Up Book features artist Chuck Fischer's richly painted depictions of the tale of Ebenezer Scrooge and the Ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, and Future, brought to life in intricate pop-up scenes by paper engineer Bruce Foster. The entire text of A Christmas Carol is reproduced in five removable, illustrated, keepsake booklets. An introductory booklet provides a biography of Dickens and an illustrated feature on the enduring appeal of this beloved story. The perfect gift, A Christmas Carol, now in pop-up form, will brighten the holidays for young and old.

The pages of this book literally spring to life and are sure to delight anyone who reads it.  The pop up pages will be enough for you to tell the tale to your child in an abbreviated version and I loved reading the entire story from the include booklets.  This book is perfectly perched on our bookshelf to display for the holidays.  Pick up your copy today to have in time for this holiday season.  You can find it on Amazon and it is on sale right now for just $19.80 down from $30!!).  Enjoy!

4 comments:

Chuck Fischer said...

Thanks for reviewing my new book. I'm thrilled you like it and wanted to share it with your followers. If any of your readers have an iPad they might like to know I created an interactive App of A CHRISTMAS CAROL that is available in the iPad app store on iTunes. Thanks!
Chuck Fischer www.chuckfischer.com

Mom said...

Thanks so much for the comment....it is always a thrill to hear from the author! I am off to check out your website and hope my readers do too!

MomsSavingMoney said...

Following you from MfMBH 11/29 from www.momssaving.com

Nancy Sue said...

Thank you for reviewing this book. I had seen it on Barnes and Noble site, but the $30 price was a bit steep for our pockets. Thank you for the heads up that it's around now for less, and worth the "popup" price :) I think I love popup books as much as my 3 yr old, ok...maybe a bit more than him :)