Monday, November 15, 2010

Dinoasuar Train All Aboard Game Review

A&W have really become interested in dinosaurs lately and I think it is, in part, as a result of the fabulous show on PBS, Dinosaur Train.  The boys love to watch this show (I even had a couple of "Buddy's" on my hands for Halloween) and I really love how the show teaches children basic scientific facts about natural history and paleontology.  A win-win!  When I was given the opportunity to review an all new board game based on Dinosaur Train from Jim Henson and Pressman Toys I was thrilled because I just knew it would be right up A&W's alley.

In the Dinosaur Train All Aboard! game, a game that is fun for the entire family, players choose a character – Buddy, Tiny, Shiny, Don, Cory, Tank or Mr. Conductor – and try to move the fastest along the tracks.  Players travel through the three dinosaur eras: Triassic, Jurassic and Cretaceous.  Special Stopwatch spaces advance players closer to the nest, while Dinosaur Crossing spaces send them back.  The first player to reach the nest area in the center of the board wins. For 2 to 6 players ages 4+; SRP $12.00.

When the game arrived and I showed it to the boys they were so excited.  Right away they noticed  familiar characters on the cover which made them want to play right away.  The game board was bright and and had  very authentic landscaping for the players to move about.  The game was very simple to play...just perfect for my newly four year olds.  They really enjoyed it and I liked that it was not overly complicated so the kiddos did not get frustrated easily (a huge plus for me!!).

Dinosaur Train All Aboard would make an excellent gift for the Dinosaur Train fan on your list!  Visit PBS to learn more about this educational and entertaining show and pick up a copy of the game today on Amazon...




Disclosure:  I was given a copy of Dinosaur Train All Aboard for purpose of review.  I was not financially compensated for this review and the opinions expressed are my own and have not been edited by anybody.  Your opinions may differ from mine.

6 comments:

Caution Flag said...

New follower. Thanks for hosting the blog hop :)

Domestic Goddess Mommy said...

This is super fun!!! We love Dinosaur Train and I had no idea there was a game! Thanks so much for the review!

My Muñoz Family said...

Following you from the Monday blog hop! Would love for you to follow me back at www.ericsummerandbella.blogspot.com

* said...

I had no idea there was a game, thanks for the heads up! My 4 1/2 yr old loves the show, and its so cute to hear his 3 year old sister run around naming the dinosaurs correctly! This is a definite christmas gift for them!

Jes said...

This looks like great fun!

jswaks

Lisa Moore Gee said...

Fun game!