Monday, January 10, 2011

Blooming Buddies In The Garden Review...

I was recently sent a delightful book to review called Blooming Buddies In The Garden:  A Blooming Book of Verse.  This book, written by Deborah Donnor and Wendy Peterson is a beautiful addition to your child's library. 

Like a hug for the heart, Blooming Buddies is sure to spark your child’s imagination and trigger conversations between generations. Perfect for reading aloud, early readers, and the young at heart of all ages.

Blooming Buddies is a story, told by flowers, of friendship that sends a great message to young children.  On one page a beautiful red flower says to two other, different but also lovely blooms, "The two of you are dazzlers, I'm a dazzler too, We compliment eachother, What a lovely thing to do".  The entire 32 page book is filled with sweet (and important!) messages told through the petals of a different flowers.  While I think the messages and the verses are nice to read the real stars are the illustrations in this book.  Page after page of lovely pictures of stunning flower....simply beautiful!  In fact, I am a big fan of giving books meant for children as gifts for adults (we are all children at heart aren't we??) and this one would be a hit with the gardening enthusiast in your life.

Blooming Buddies In The Garden (hardcover with dust jacket) retails for $16.95 and can be purchased here.

Disclosure:  I was given a copy of the above book for purpose of review.  I was not compensated for my review and the opinions given are my own and have not been edited by anyone.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Looks like a great book! Also, I think your blog is awesome and I awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award. Check it out!