Sunday, January 2, 2011

Despicable Me...

A&W have a new favorite movie. Actually, it might also be my new favorite movie...Despicable Me. This is an absolute smash hit here in our house and if you have not seen it you should run, not walk, out to grab a copy.  It is that adorable....promise!

SYNOPSIS
Vying for the title of “World’s Greatest Villain”, Gru (voiced by Steve Carell) along with his hilarious crew of mischievous minions plots to pull off the craziest crime of the century: steal the moon!  But when Gru enlists the help of three little girls, they see something in him nobody else has ever seen: the perfect dad.  From executive producer Chris Meledandri (Dr. Seuss’ Horton Hears a Who!, Ice Age, Ice Age: The Meltdown), and featuring the voices of an all-star comedic cast, including Jason Segel, Russell Brand, Miranda Cosgrove and Julie Andrews, Despicable Me is “rousingly funny, heartfelt and imaginative” (Pete Hammond, Boxoffice Magazine).

When I sat down with the boys to watch this one I figured it would be fun to watch but it was so much more than that.  It was witty and touching and something the whole family can enjoy together.  A&W were laughing out loud on many occasions and particularly thought the Minions were hilarious.  I loved Steve Carell as Gru an thought he nailed what the villain's voice should sound like.  I also fell right in love with the three little orphan girls...adorable! 

There is plenty of what I call "potty humor" which was hysterical to my boys but not over the top in a way that I found to be inappropriate.  In one case a "fart gun" is created and a shrinking gun creates a "teeny tiny toilet".  I think we have watched this film about 5 times this past week and both of those scenes cause A&W to erupt into uncontrollable laughter. The graphics were really amazing and the picture was crystal clear.  It is amazing to me how "real" the characters looked!

I really liked the scenes of Gru with the girls and his growth from a true villain to a villain with a heart.  His journey there is filled with laughs and adventure and this is one not to be missed.  Pick up your copy today on Amazon...


Pop some popcorn and cuddle up with the kiddos for a fun movie night with Despicable Me!  You will be laughing right along with kids with this one.

Disclosure:  I was given a copy of the above mentioned movie for purpose of review. I was not compensated in any way for my review and my post has not been edited by anyone.

4 comments:

QueenB said...

We loved this movie too!


I'm saying hi from MFM. Already GFC follow

www.mamalovesherbargains.com

ohkeeka said...

I'm a new follower from Making Friends Monday. I'd love it if you'd follow me back too!

http://thetypeahousewife.blogspot.com

MrsPhilipswithoneL said...

I haven't seen this yet, but my son loved it.


Stopping by from Making Friends Monday :)

Having Fun Blogging
mrsphilipswithonel@gmail.com
http://mrsphilipswithonel.blogspot.com/

erin.nicole said...

I'm your newest follower from Making Friends Monday!
http://erinbrady14.blogspot.com
erinnicole14@gmail.com