Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Bambi Diamond Edition Available Today! Review & Coupon!

Disney has a brand new release today of one of everyone's favorite, classic Disney movies...Bambi!   Bambi is Walt Disney's 5th full length film and this Diamond Edition (Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack)  will be available for a limited time only so don't miss your chance to own one of the most beloved Disney films ever.

Film Synopsis:
As morning light breaks across the meadow, a young deer named Bambi is born and hailed as ‘Prince of the Forest.’ Soon Bambi emerges from the thicket on wobbly legs, much to the delight of his new friends, Thumper, the playful rabbit, and Flower, the bashful yet lovable skunk. But the fun of nibbling on fresh blossoms and frolicking through the woods is only the beginning. Exploring his new world, and guided by the wisdom of Friend Owl,Bambi learns valuable life lessons with every adventure – experiencing the power of friendship, family, and love along the away.

I was sent a copy of Bambi to share with the kids and I was so glad to have this chance.  Bambi is a story I loved growing up and I am always happy to expose the kiddos to my childhood favorites.  A&W really enjoyed this movie although the pace is definitely more slow paced and relaxed than the more recent films (not a bad think at all in my opinion!).  The movie focuses more on friendships and actions with the animals than jam packed dialougue and busy action scenes....I kind of wish more modern day films were created this way!! I will say that if your child is sensitive to sad bits (we call it having empathy in our home) they might struggle with hunter scene and death of Bambi's mom.  This is a tough one and if your child is sensitive you can expect some tears (I shed a few myself!).  All the characters were appealing but I would have to say Thumper is a crowd favorite in our home.  Here is just a glimpse of that cute little bunny...








Bambi is a classic and a must for your movie collection.  Click the link below to print a $10 off coupon.  A real deal!!
Disclaimer:  I received a copy of the above mentioned DVD for purpose of review.  The opinions given in this post are my own and have not been edited by anyone.  I was not compensated in any way.

1 comment:

Laura H. said...

I love "Bambi". Thanks for the coupon!