Like Shaun the Sheep (they are from the same creator), Timmy Time does not depend on dialogue to tell the story. Instead the show is comprised only of actions and the sounds of the barnyard characters (oinks, baa's, clucks, hmmmm's....you get the idea!). My kids love this and think it is absolutely hilarious. At first I was a bit thrown off by this however, I actually think it allows children to use their imagination a bit more. Besides, it IS pretty comical to watch a bunch of cows, ducks, sheep and birds carry own conversations in their very own language. My boys seem especially fond of Timmy and of the hedgehog character, Apricot.
Timmy Time: Timmy Steals the Show contains 5 fun filled episodes. Here is the rundown...
- “Timmy Steals the Show” - While bossing everybody around during rehearsals for the nursery’s talent show, diva Yabba loses her voice! Yabba is crestfallen that she may not able to perform, but Timmy saves the day by performing for her.
- “Timmy’s Picnic” – The class is off on a picnic! But during a game of soccer, the ball bursts on Apricot’s spikes. Apricot feels guilty that the little animals no longer have a ball to play with, but soon finds a good use for her prickly spikes – picking up the picnic litter!
- “Timmy Brings a Smile” – Apricot has brought her favorite blanket to the nursery – of which she will not let go! But when she briefly puts it down, the other animals mistake it for a rag which they use to clean up paint and mud. Timmy tries to console Apricot with substitutes, until he discovers a pleasant surprise in Stripey’s sand pie!
- “Timmy Can’t Dance” - Led by Harriet and Osbourne, the class is exploring various dance styles, from hula dancing to line dancing. But Timmy just cannot get into the groove! He soon discovers a passion for hip-hop music and wows his friends with his break-dancing moves.
- “Timmy Says Sorry” – Timmy accidentally kicks a soccer ball through the preschool window! After a time out, he tries to be more careful, but ends up knocking down Otus’ sandcastle with a careless kick of the ball. After much soul searching, Timmy realizes it’s not enough to say sorry, you have to show you’re sorry, too.
- Timmy Time Sing-Along
Now, I like Timmy. I sometimes find Shaun the Sheep a little "naughty" but Timmy is a sweet little guy. There is plenty of silliness and goofiness to be had which has major appeal to kiddos as well. a nutshell? The kids get a healthy does of good lessons coupled with plenty of laughs....perfect! I also like that the episodes are short (10 minutes or so). Yesterday I popped one in so I could fold a mountain of laundry without "helpers" Thank you Timmy!
You can pick up a copy of this fun DVD on Amazon for just $10.99 (big laughs included!)...
To celebrate the release of Timmy Time: Timmy Steals the show Lionsgate & HIT Entertainment are giving one RBM reader a copy of this fun DVD. Thanks to the sponsor! Here is how to enter...
Mandatory Entry: Check out the Timmy Time site and leave a comment with who you think your child's favorite character might be. You must complete this entry for all others to be counted.
For Extra Entries:
1. Follow this blog= 1 entry
2. Like Reviewed By Mom on Facebook =1 entry
3. Like Timmy Time on Facebook=1 entry
4. Enter one of my other giveaways & let me know you have done so = 1 entry per giveaway entered.
5. Follow HIT Entertainment on Twitter= 1 entry
6. Follow Reviewed By Mom on Twitter = 1 entry
7. Blog, Tweet or Facebook about this giveaway & let me know where to find it (each can be done once daily) = 1 entry per each
8. Write a review of RBM on Alexa and let me know you have done so = 3 entries
9. Comment on one of my non giveaway posts and let me know you have done so = 1 entry
Please leave a separate comment for each entry and be sure to include your e-mail. Contest is open to US residents and will end on March 15th. The lucky winner will be announced by e-mail on March 16th and will have 48 hours to respond before another winner is chosen. Good Luck!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post and I was provided with the mentioned DVD for purpose of review. The opinions in this post are entirely my own. Your experience may differ from mine. This post has not been reviewed or edited by anyone. I was not compensated in any other way for this review. The sponsor of this giveaway is responsible for prize fulfillment and shipping the winner(s) their prize.