Sunday, November 20, 2011

Aerobie AeroPress...R&G!



I am a girl who NEEDS coffee.  I simply can't start my day without a nice, hot cup of coffee.  When I was contacted by my friends at Aerobie to check out their new coffee press, The AeroPress I could not say yes fast enough!  I had already been smitten with Aerobie because of their fun toys so I could not wait to see how they had turned their creativity into the world of java.  Here is the scoop on the AeroPress...

SMOOTHEST
Using the ideal water temperature
and gentle air pressure brewing yields
rich flavor with lower acidity and
without bitterness.

RICHEST
Total immersion brewing results in uniform
extraction of the ultimate in full coffee
flavor. Other coffee makers drip hot water
on bed of grounds, over extracting at the
center and under extracting at the edge.

PUREST
Micro filtered for grit free coffee – unlike
other press-type coffee makers.

FASTEST
One minute from start to enjoy. The actual
press time takes only 20 seconds.


Now, I will say using the AeroPress take a little getting used to for those of us used to just dumping our coffee in a pot.  First off, using finely ground coffee is key....this makes for the best cup.  Secondly, you need to find the  perfect amount for your tastes (1 scoop or 2?).  Once you have the right coffee and establish your taste preference, you are golden.  The AeroPress is a breeze to use and quick (key in the early morning!).  My husband recently took this with him to a friends hunting camp and even in the rustic, great outdoors without any electricity, they were able to enjoy freshly brewed coffee.  Hooray!  The AeroPress is great for travel because it is small and easily portable.  It also works just as well at home for fresh coffee each and every time.  You can purchase the AeroPress for just $25.95 on Amazon.  It seems I am not alone in my praise for the AeroPress.  On Amazon there are almost 1000 reviews and it has 5 stars!!  Well done, once again Aerobie!

I am so pleased to tell you that my friends at Aerobie are giving one lucky RBM reader an AeroPress of their own.  Thanks so much to the sponsor and here is how to enter...

43 comments:

BethElderton said...

We like strong iced coffee with home-made flavored creamer.
bethelderton59 at gmail dot com

jenzen69 said...

cream and sugar, i like lattes better
jenzen69@yahoodotcom

Sarah said...

I like mine iced, or, with a good bit of milk and sugar in the winter!

sarahdlamb(at)gmail.com

Monica said...

I like mine with cream and sugar (lots of cream). Also love it iced with sweetened condensed milk.

Patty White said...

I like little bit of milk and a little bit of sugar.

andrea v said...

I like sugar and french vanilla creamer

Mandy Kauffman said...

I like a little cream, lots of skim, and splenda. :)

amanda_l_peters@hotmail.com

corey1971 said...

I like Cinnamon Creamer and lots of sugar :) (Corey Olomon)(olomon@hotmail.com)

Shannon said...

I either like milk and raw sugar or vanilla coconut milk

snaugle81@gmail.com

Heather said...

I like lattes.
hschonrock at yahoo dot com

sandyandcosmo said...

I'll take cream but no sugar!

Nnewtt7 said...

I am not a coffee drinker, but i do use a grinder to grind up flax seed for my horses. I really like the look of this press

Gianna said...

Cocoa, cream and sugar.

Christian said...

Cream and sugar for me! (cnfc800@gmail.com)

Christian said...

I also left a comment on your thanksgiving status update (christian n. )

Renee G said...

with cream, no sugar.
rsgrandinetti@yahoo(dot)com

Stacy said...

Give me lots of cream and sugar. although this last summer, I had a coffee without either one once, and it wasn't bad.

Matthew Bourns said...

Just add milk

kellyr78 said...

I use a little bit of sugar and either soy, almond or regular milk

KellywcuATyahooDOTcom

MyTwoCents said...

...a packet of hot cocoa and a handful of mini marshmallows!

kendra22 said...

cream/sugar--rest of the family black
kendraco22 at yahoo dot com

Shannon said...

I take my coffee with just enough half&half to change the color and tow spoonfuls of sugar!!

Shannon F.
shannybakes @ hotmail .com

Anonymous said...

I like my coffee "kiddie style"--mostly cream and sugar!

Thanks for the chance to win!

--Liza

ejm6x (at) yahoo (dot) com

Tanya said...

flavored cream!

Jacqueline said...

i use a powder vanilla creamer! yum! jmmccarr@gmail.com

Lindsay said...

No sugar, a little bit of skim milk!

amanda hoffman said...

flavored creamers
amandahoffman35 at yahoo dot com

Ashley said...

Cream and sugar!

mrs.marcus2 at yahoo dot com

DevotedMommy said...

Straight Black

Yona Williams said...

I like flavored creamer. No Sugar. Email: yona(at)pricelesswriters.com

katklaw777 said...

I don't care for coffee unless it's iced, sugared and whipped creamed!
My DH is the coffee fanatic, thanks!

daivabaum said...

with half and half

Darlene said...

A little milk

owen.darlene@gmail.com

Marija said...

I like mine strong with a bit of cream or milk.

marija.majerle at gmail dot com

Lia S. said...

I add hazelnut sugar free syrup, french vanilla creamer and splenda!
im dot so dot rad at gmail dot com

katherine said...

Cream and sugar. Lots.

10750coupons said...

strong & black. preferably chicory coffee.

*Brittany C* said...

I use just French Vanilla Liquid Creamer:) Thanks!

Jessica Peeling said...

Lattes or a giant squirt of a flavored creamer! jessicapeeling@yahoo.com

Jo said...

a little sugar and 2 creamers

mrsshukra said...

Black!

Amber Jackson said...

With a bit of flavored creamer, no sugar.

Amber Jackson said...

FB user name is Amber Jackson