Tuesday, November 29, 2011

World Vision Gift Catalog...R&G!

Last year I had the pleasure of being introduced to The World Vision Company. The World Vision Company produces The World Vision Gift Catalog which allows people to give people in throughout the world the gifts of things like clean water, nourishing food, medical treatment in so much more.  During this time of year reaching out to help those who are really in crisis is such a wonderful thing to do.  You can choose to donate on your behalf or in the name of others.  Here is a bit of background on this tremendous organization...

World Vision is a Christian humanitarian organization dedicated to working with children, families, and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
Working in nearly 100 countries around the world, World Vision serves all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.



The World Vision Catalog is amazing to flip through.  You can choose to purchase 3 ducks for a family which costs just $18 but will provide that family lots of eggs for eating or selling.  For $30 you can purchase clothing for a child to protect them from the blistering sun or the bitter cold.  Have  $22?  Give a child in the US a backpack filled with basic school supplies.  I have to tell you...I was moved to tears by the whole concept of the World Vision Catalog.  There are people out there who have so little it is staggering to be able to give the gift of hope if just priceless.  Some of the gifts you purchase come with gifts as well.  I was sent  these beautiful ornaments that were made in Nairobi by Kenyan artists.  The money for these beautiful ornaments will go to the Maximum Impact Fund which provides funds where they are needed the most desperately.
So, what are you waiting for?  Visit www.worldvisiongifts.org and start shopping with your heart!

 I am so pleased to tell you that World Vision is giving one lucky RBM reader the ornaments I received for review (they are beautiful!).  Thanks so much to the folks at World Vision and here is how to enter...

38 comments:

Heather said...

Visited website, and I would love to give the Feed a Family in the USA for 3 Days for $48
hschonrock at yahoo dot com

Patricia N said...

I'd love to give my brother and his family a goat!
PMNSL95 at triad dot rr dot com

Sarah said...

I've actually got their catalogue and looked through it a few times. I'm tempted to "give" my sister the ducklings.

sarahdlamb(at)gmail.com

ACMommy3 said...

I would love to give the New Mother & Baby kit for $77.

Tawnya said...

It is so hard to choose just one, but the Clean Water Fund is a good choice!

jcwega27 said...

support the clean water fund
jessicawedwards@gmail.com

Shannon said...

I would get a goat and two chicks

snaugle81@gmail.com

sandyandcosmo said...

I would choose to give Christmas gifts to U.S. children for $25.

Mandy Kauffman said...

I'd choose Hope for Sexually Exploited Girls.

amanda_l_peters@hotmail.com

Hutch said...

I would love to give ducks!

Sarah said...

Would love to give clothes to kids.

sblake1[at]student[dot]framingham[dot]edu

Sunnie said...

I would give ducks
sunniewoodyplus2 atmsn.com

Shelley said...

I love the $25 you can give for the Woman and girls education fund!

seashell210 at gmail dot com

kendra22 said...

the animals or bibles
kendraco22 at yahoo dot com

Running After Raina said...

the animals

cocorricco said...

BIBLES

♡♥♬ Raven In A Blue Room ♬♥♡ said...

Goat and 2 Chickens

Thank you for hosting this giveaway

Louis
pumuckler {at} gmail {dot} com

Through My Eyes said...

A goat and 2 chickens.

Hifam said...

What a great site. I like the idea of giving a Sewing Machine since I love to sew.
Jody H

maria g said...

I'd like to give the $500 Worth of Food and Aid for Africa for a hundred dollars. This is such a beautiful website.

hookedonafeline999 at yahoo dot com

Jessy B said...

Love the Thai bracelet: http://donate.worldvision.org/OA_HTML/xxwv2ibeCCtpItmDspRte.jsp?section=10389&item=1894664 - gorgeous!

AmberFaith said...

Job Training for Girls and Women!

littleamberfaith at yahoo dot com

Stacey P (cosaver213) said...

I'd donate $25 to deliver $150 worth of basics to U.S. children.

spaller213 (at) gmail (dot) com

Mercedes said...

I'd donate $25 for clean water!

ape2016 said...

A goat and 2 chickens for $100.

SweeTidbits said...

I would love to give any one of them! All for such a great cause! :)
s_hill2009@yahoo.com

Diana said...

I would love to give the Feed a Family in the USA for 3 Days for $48
hrddiana556@gmail.com

Brittany said...

chickens!

Dana said...

Bibles

Emily said...

A Goat

Maryann said...

A goat and two chickens

twinkle at optonline dot net

Kim O'Hanlon said...

I would donate $35 for education for girls. Thanks.

Robin Blankenship said...

I would donate rabbits

robinblankenship at gmail dot com

Jo said...

Where Most Needed in the USA its $25

jmcghee2024 said...

Feed a US Family for $48

jmcghee2024 AT yahoo DOt com

1955nurse said...

I would like to donate the 3 ducks... or feed a U.S. family for $48...even tho I'm out of a job, we may actually do one of these because no matter how "down" we feel, it's important to remember that there's always someone a little worse-off than we are!!! Thanks for the info... & the chance for the ornaments, too!!!

Michelle @womenwwin said...

My family always buys a goat for the holidays! Hooray World Vision!

Anonymous said...

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.
1-You won’t be able to get hold of anyone live. No toll free number only email.
2-Absolutely rude and arrogant customer service personnel at least the one I dealed with (Alan)
3-I used the Groupon certificate to purchase two shorts using the link that was provided on Groupon and I end up paying regular price. $50 to Groupon and $64 to Zaggora after submitting my order. First everything looked fine until I saw the charge on my credit card. I sent an email to Zaggora on Nov 13 and day after I received an email from Zaggora on Nov 15 “our offer to say sorry” offering me 20% off on my next purchase!!! But no response on my concern.
I send another email on Nov 15 after I got that “sorry” email as follow-up and finally I got the following reply on Nov 19:
“Your request (#####) has been solved.
You have been charged the correct amount. Your order contains an item that is not part of the Gruoupon promotion
If you wish a refund, you will be required to return the order back to our warehouse.”
I sent another email explaining all over again hopefully someone will hear me and they just copied and pasted the same email back to me.
I send one of the items I purchased for an exchange on Nov 11 and so no update as of now.