Thursday, January 19, 2012

Walgreen's Prescription Savings Club....

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Walgreens for SocialSpark. All opinions are 100% mine.

I am a Walgreens shopper. We have one nearby and not only do I love their deals (cha-ching! I do some of my best couponing there!) but I love the convenience factor. Not only can I grab necessities but I can also grab health and beauty products and get prescriptions filled. This is fantastic for me because often I have three kids in tow and one stop shopping is a MUST!

 

You may have heard about the negotiations between Walgreens and Express Script to maintain their contract. Unfortunately these negotiations were not successful and, as of December 31st of 2011, Walgreens is no longer a provider for Express Scripts.  Walgreens was willing to try and make the relationship work to benefit the patients but sadly, Express Scripts was not willing to negotiate. The change includes all Walgreens as well as Duane Reed Pharmacies in the NYC area. This is really too bad for Express Script customers who now have a whole lot of disruption to deal with over this matter (what a headache!!).

 

Walgreens is doing all they can to ease the frustration for customers and is standing behind the policy to not raise rates for customers and introducing the Walgreens Prescription Savings Club    . What is the Walgreens Prescription Savings Club? For $10 a year, a family membership covers everyone in your immediate family, including a spouse, dependents 22 and younger and pets. Individuals may join for $5. Join and receive discount prices on your prescriptions.

 

Other benefits include:

Savings on more than 8,000 brand-name and all generic medications

Discounts on flu shots, pet prescriptions, nebulizers and diabetic supplies

Bonuses when you purchase Walgreens brand products and photofinishing services

 

Sounds great to me! To learn more and to stay connected find and follow Walgreens on Walgreens on Facebook and Walgreens on Twitter.

Visit Sponsor's Site

No comments: