Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Home Lighting...

As I have probably mentioned we are in the midst of a move here at Reviewed by Mom.  It has been a long process and I am hoping all of our patience pays off when we finally move into our home.  The good news about the long wait to move is that I have had lots (maybe too much!) of time to analyze and think about the things that are important to me as features in our new home.  Paint colors, flooring and lighting can have so much affect on how you feel when you are in your home!

I have been looking online and in stores for lighting fixtures and I know I am really partial to soft lighting.  I like lamps on table tops in the family room, making areas cozy and inviting for board games and reading.  In the dining room I would love some chandelier lighting....nothing overly fancy but something pretty that can be put on a dimmer.  In the bedroom I am also partial to pretty accent lamps but in the bathroom I like nice, bright, natural lights.  I am hoping to get a nice area for putting on makeup that is bright without being too institutional! 

How do you like your home lit?   Bright, light, dimmed or a variety?


 

2 comments:

Denise Taylor-Dennis said...

I like soft light mostly except in the kitchen

jenzen69 said...

I have to have lots of light but i prefer natural light. Lots of big windows are a must