Friday, March 16, 2012

Chicken Soup for the Soul: Food & Love...R&G!

As you all know, I am a fan of the Chicken Soup for the Soul series of books.  I think the collections are filled with stories and advice to take you through all the ups and downs of life.  When I was sent the latest in the series, Chicken Soup for the Soul:  Food & Love, I was, of course delighted.  Here is the scoop on the latest in this popular series....

101 Stories Celebrating Special Times with Family and Friends... and Recipes Too!
Food is an expression of love — both the romantic kind and the comforting kind between family and friends. With its savory, sweet, and sometimes spicy stories, this delightful collection will sprinkle in laughs, warm hearts of readers, and stir up memories that certain aromas and tastes always bring. Readers will relish the stories on how love and food together played a flavorful part in life. Some recipes included too!

I really enjoyed this installment of Chicken Soup for the Soul.  It was not a "recipe book" but it was a book filled with memories surrounding favorite recipes with some of the recipes included.  From cooking with children, to learning how to cook, to cooking in remembrance of a loved one, this book is a gem for all who love food.  I know I personally associate so many memories with eating and special recipes so I found this book a real treat to read.  I sometimes laughed and cried at the short stories as I always do with the Chicken Soup books!  These short stories are just perfect for when you have a little bit of time to lose yourself in some stories celebrating food and the people who create it.  You can pick up your copy today on Amazon...

I am so pleased to tell you that THREE lucky RBM readers will win a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: Food and Love! Thanks so much to the sponsor and good luck. To enter click "read more" below and use the Rafflecopter form.
a Rafflecopter giveaway

36 comments:

Maryann D. said...

A recipe that I cook and enjoy is my moms broccoli soup, it does bring back happy memories.
twinkle at optonline dot net

Kimberly said...

I fry eggs like my mom did, with crispy edges.
Kims2312@verizon.net

kitkat234 said...

I love baking around the holidays, any kind of cookies!
kitkat 234 234 at yahoo dot com

Marjorie/cenya2 said...

Perogies are my favourite food to share.

susan1215 said...

My Mom's lasagna recipe reminds me of family Sunday dinners

s2s2 at comcast dot net

Lori Hart said...

I love making my moms meatloaf

rugerpuppies at hotmail dot com

Sherry Huckeba said...

I love to make chicken and dumplings. It reminds me of my dad's cooking when I was younger.

slb3334 said...

meatloaf and scalloped potatoes.

slb3334@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

pecan tassies

droopydog63 at hotmail dot com

trendymomreviews said...

I'm your newest follower!

If you want to follow back: http://trendymomreviews.blogspot.com

Anja M. said...

I love to cook Schnitzel. That brings back happy memories.

anjathisandthat at yahoo dot com

Anja M. said...

Click HERE to find your button.

anjathisandthat at yahoo dot com

Anja M. said...

Click HERE to find my FB wall comment.

anjathisandthat at yahoo dot com

Nancy said...

My family loves it when I cook spaghetti and meat sauce!

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

mrsshukra said...

Carrot cake!

Shelley P said...

My brother's Chili recipe : )

corey1971 said...

My Mom's Chicken and Dumplings! (Corey Olomon)(olomon@hotmail.com)

theladya said...

Fried potatoes! ~ Angie Bailey

Kristen said...

My grandma's chocolate zucchini cake

Veronica said...

I love to make Raspberry pie just like mom made :0)

Robin said...

turkey dinner
robinlscott4 at hotmail dot com

Maryann D. said...

Facebook post:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=377997738890114&id=112329868790237

twinkle at optonline dot net

uddervu said...

raspberry dumplings from my grandpa's farm

Hifam said...

My mom taught me how to make a sour cream chicken enchilada dish that my family loves.
button: hifam7@blogspot.com

Melissa said...

My mom's pork dressing
lisa.blogs2 at gmail dot com

Kendra Gillilan said...

love the smell of bread and when we made pitizas when I was young
kendraco22 at yahoo dot com

Ashley Morrissey said...

My mother's roast always brings back memories!

-Ashley Marie Morrissey
ashummz05(at)yahoo(dot)com

Miranda Ward said...

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup!


freebiegoddess03@aol.com

aggcalifornia said...

My husbands favorite meal that I cook is his late mothers shepherds pie... It helps us remember her. Thank you for the giveaway!

- lablogs@yahoo.com

Kim said...

My granma's strawberry pie brings me joy even thought she is no longer here to share it with me

luvdatmouse at charter dot net

Valerie Taylor Mabrey said...

making my mom's scalloped potatoes we had them at every holiday growing up
vmkids3 at msn dot com

Wendy said...

Baking sugar cookies always brings back great memories!
hiwendyhi at yahoo dot com

Jackie said...

Manicotti, made it with my mom all the time

Jackie said...

Facebook comment:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=379742425382312&id=112329868790237

Atreau said...

Baking biscuits with my Grandmother's recipe always brings me closer to her.

Donna said...

Macaroni and cheese brings back memories.
donna444444@yahoo.com