Wednesday, March 28, 2012

First Prayers by Troy Howell...R&G!

I have a lovely children's book to tell you about today that would make the perfect addition to an Easter Basket.  First Prayers, illustrated by Troy Howell is a beautiful collection of prayers and psalms to help you and your child celebrate the world.  Here is the scoop...
This lavish, inspiring collection of prayers will encourage young children to give thanks for the good things in their lives. Encompassing both Biblical excerpts and psalms as well as more secular hymns to nature, family, and love, First Prayers features captivating, accessible illustrations by award-winning artist Troy Howell. In addition to traditional prayers, there are classic poems written by William Blake (“Little Lamb, who made thee?”), Robert Browning (“The year's at the spring”), Samuel Taylor Coleridge (“He prayeth well, who loveth well”), and others.

This book is a such a sweet collection and perfect for children of all ages.  My daughter loves the simple bedtime verses and prayers and I really enjoy sharing them with her.  Our favorite is credited to an "Old New England Sampler" and reads...

God bless all those that I love,
God bless all those that love me.
God bless all those that love those that I love,
And all those that love those that love me.

The entire book is filled with sweet verses such as this for bedtime, mealtime and anytime.  The accompanying pictures by Troy Howell are stunning with a softness and beauty which matches the words.  This book is a real treasure and would make a very thoughtful gift.  You can pick up your copy today on Amazon...

I am so pleased to tell you that the publisher, Sterling Publishing is giving one lucky RBM reader a copy of First Prayers! Thanks so much to the sponsor and here is how to enter...
a Rafflecopter giveaway

31 comments:

Denise Taylor-Dennis said...

I would love to win this for my son.

Denise Taylor-Dennis said...

I commented on your FB page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Reviewed-By-Mom/112329868790237?ref=ts
Also your button is on my blog at
http://savingmoneycanbefun.blogspot.com/

EMMAHORTON said...

HORTON111@AOL.COM

I WOULD LOVE THIS FOR MY GRANDDAUGHTER

sandy1955 said...

I would love to win for my grandson
sandy1955 at comcast dot net

Sandy VanHoey said...

Also entered The Gruffalo DVD
sandy1955 at comcast dot net

Sandy VanHoey said...

Also entered The Gruffalo DVD
sandy1955 at comcast dot net

Shelley P said...

What a great book! I would love to win this for my kids.
sscott2 at email dot com

Maryann D. said...

I would love to win this for my niece -Layla
twinkle at optonline dot net

corey1971 said...

For my youngest son. (Corey Olomon)(olomon@hotmail.com)

ani hearts japan said...

I'd like to win this for my 1 and 4 yr olds.

aniwilsonintx at hotmail dot com

jenzen69 said...

Hoping to win this for my littlest one

jenzen69 said...

Fb name jennifer huff huey

jenzen69 said...

Fb name jennifer huff huey

Shannon said...

Hoping to win for my daughter!

Christine Jessamine said...

i would love to win for my daughter!

christinejessamine at hotmail dot com

casey aubut said...

My son and daughter! :)

Valerie Taylor Mabrey said...

for my grandchildren

vmkids3 at msn dot com

Robin said...

for a friend with a little boy
robinlscott4 at hotmail dot com

Robin said...

comment on your fb page:
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=384682451554976&id=112329868790237
robinlscott4 at hotmail dot com

dailymom said...

I would love to win this book for my daughter

tavernie said...

I would love to win for my grandsons!

ptavernie at yahoo dot com

anastaciagrace said...

My two sons.
agwwga@hotmail.com

anastaciagrace said...

I commented on your facebook page.
Anastacia Grace
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=385149704841584&id=112329868790237

aggcalifornia said...

I am hoping to win this for my niece
... Thank you for the giveaway!

- lablogs@yahoo.com

Melissa said...

I want to win this for the group of preschoolers I teach at church.
lisa.blogs2 at gmail dot com

Robin said...

https://twitter.com/#!/robinlscott/status/188111709397987328

robinlscott4 at hotmail dot com

Deborah Petiot said...

I'd love to keep this for when our nieces and nephews come visit. Thanks.

Jackie said...

Hoping to win this for my son Josh!

*Brittany C* said...

I'd love to win this book for my 2 girls! Thanks for the giveaway!

Nancy said...

I'd like to win this for our family!

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

Emily said...

One of my nieces or nephews! :)