Thursday, March 8, 2012

Gift Cards Anyone?

I recently celebrated a birthday.  Happy 25 (again!) to me!  Of course my most favorite gifts are always the handmade cards created by my children.  Those are always the best!  My next favorite on the list though?  Gift Cards.

Can we talk about gift cards please?  Gift cards are the one gift you can buy that you don't have to worry about whether the recipient will be happy. Pick a favorite store and you can happily send  your loved one off to  shop knowing they will be able to buy exactly what their heart desires.  When I am shopping for a young one a toy store or a book store gift card is almost always a pick.  When shopping for an adult I tend to go the sensible route (I mean, who couldn't use a little extra to spend at the grocer in the form of Giant Eagle gift cards!?) with things they can use for the items they need.  I am always known to throw in a gift card for a little bit of pampering to balance all that sensible out!

So, if you are looking for the perfect gift for me (or most anyone I know!) you can go the gift card route.  Or a vacation......you could also send me on vacation (palm trees, little umbrellas in my drink....yes, please!).

5 comments:

Denise Taylor-Dennis said...

I agree gift cards are a great idea you really can't go wrong.

Four Paw Savings said...

As much as I love giftcards, I tend to let mine pile up and not use them. I know, silly, but it is what happens. I am actually in the middle of trying to use up a bunch of mine, mainly to walmart, target, and the grocery stores. My inlaws used to give me giftcards to b&n every year - I STILL have some from when my fiance and I first started dating 4 years ago!

rachel0 said...

I agree, I love to get gift cards to-it's a shopping spree, what's not to love?!?!

rachel0 said...

I agree, I love to get gift cards to-it's a shopping spree, what's not to love?!?!

Kristie said...

Gift cards just seem so impersonal sometimes. However, I will say that I chose my new bank because then I could buy Visa gift cards with REALLY cute designs. Visa can be used anywhere - almost! So I do give gift cards sometimes. I just try to pick an extra-thoughtful greeting card to go with it. kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.