Sunday, March 11, 2012

A Minute for Me...R&G!

Like all of you, I am a busy gal.  I have three children  aged 5 and under, a husband, a cat, 2 fish, 2 websites, a house to clean, and something called the Dynamic Dirt Challenge I may have been talked into participating in that I must prepare for (more on that later) and most likely a half dozen other things I am forgetting to list.  My to-do list is long and more often than not I am at the bottom of the list.  Sad but true.  When I was offered the chance to review a book called A Minute for Me I felt like I owed it to myself to read it.  I am so glad I did!  Here is the scoop on what has me remembering the "Me" part of my to-do list more often these days...



The high price for trying to get everything done is letting yourself become undone. A busy life is an easy place to lose you. Even in a busy life, the greatest gift you can give yourself is the gift of your own attention, discovering from within what is true and authentic. For this self-discovery, exotic travel is optional. Inquiry is mandatory. A Minute for Me gives you the tools that encourage inquiry, including: Personal short stories to motivate your own exploration and inquiry; Simple 60-second exercises to build your "self-awareness" muscle; Ideas for generating new perspectives that can easily fit into your day without changing your schedule or adding another item on your to-do list. You can think about the past, plan for the future, but the only time you experience life is right here, right now-in this very moment. A Minute for Me helps you live this moment to its fullest. Maybe that is the ultimate exotic travel-the exploration of your own heart.


I love this and what had me at the get go was the "minute" part of this book.  I simply am unable to commit to a big, long program to make my life easier.  I don't have a lot of extra minutes so I like to make each one count.  This book makes each minute count!  The book is broken into small sections of just 2-3 pages featuring a personal story and a brief exercise to help celebrate or get to know yourself better.  I really enjoy this format and have found that, because the exercises are quick to do, I actually do them.  For instance, today I read a section called "Mom, Your Life is Boring".  The story was that of a mom whose son thinks the monotony of her life must be boring. The author agrees that life (any life!) can sometimes get boring which can catapult us to try something new but it can also cause us to embrace this fact "boredom is the price you pay for getting really, really good at something you love".  I think I want this quote hanging in my home!  The exercise involved thinking of what skills you are on your way to mastering (you are a master of something after 10,000 hours!) (boring or not!) which you are working toward mastering and then appreciating your journey.  For me, I felt proud of my hours spent caring for my children.

 think A Minute for Me is an important book. We owe it to ourselves to carve out a little time each day to recharge and this book helps us to do that.....one minute at a time! Pick up your copy today on Amazon...

I am so pleased to tell you that one lucky reader will win a copy of A Minute for Me by Megan McDonough! Thanks so much to the sponsor! Please click "read more" to enter using the Rafflecopter form. Good luck!
a Rafflecopter giveaway

32 comments:

sandy1955 said...

I sneek time in by being by myself on the computer, away from housework and everyone in the house
sandy1955 at comcast dot net

Nancy said...

I grab time for me by making cards, reading and being on the computer.

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

Nancye said...

I usually hide in the bathroom, a book, and the door locked.

nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

Shelley P said...

I sneek time in for myself by relaxing in a hot bath or going in the bedroom, closing the door and reading.

DebbyM said...

I spend time by putting on some relaxing music on my IPOD and either doing some meditation or read.

Thanks,,
DebbyM
vadebby at cox dot net

kathy brower said...

My daughter's nap time is the only quiet time and I do nothing else.

Adinda Navartierre said...

sit in front of my fish pond, grab my coffee, listen to favourite tunes, draw some animes, and probably drown myself between novels

nava - the.nava@rocketmail.com

Anja M. said...

When my kids are in school, I have a cup of coffee and a little time for myself :)

anjathisandthat at yahoo dot com

Anja M. said...

Find your button HERE.

anjathisandthat at yahoo dot com

Anja M. said...

I left a comment on your FB wall. Click HERE.

anjathisandthat at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

i take a long shower
gkuroda(at)gmail.com

mrsshukra said...

In front of the TV with my laptop!

Tamar said...

I don't really sneak time, unless you count entering for this book :)
Tam S.

Robin said...

I like walking my dog and listening to music with my mp3 player
robinlscott4 at hotmail dot com

awhartness said...

I lock the bathroom door and take a bubble bath. Doesn't take place as much as I would like.

aggcalifornia said...

I light candles and take a bath... it helps me pretend I am at a spa lol! Thank you for the awesome giveaway!

- lablogs@yahoo.com

awhartness said...

I made a comment on your Facebook.
Angela Ward Hartness

awhartness said...

I like your links for freebies and coupons. Thanks for sharing.

Jessica Jensen said...

I have taken up running. Love the time spent by myself, enjoying the endorphins and my music.

erma said...

I get on the computer for me time.
ermahurtt@att.net

ani hearts japan said...

I try and have "me" time when it's naptime for my littlest one, but my 4 year old is still awake so sometimes it's difficult.

aniwilsonintx at hotmail dot com

ec1015 said...

once everyone is asleep at night I grab the laptop and have a little me time on the computer!!

Barbara said...

I don't sneak time, I make time for myself everyday. I deserve it.

Jenna Wood said...

I sneak off ans steal a quick nap before the other half gets off work.

Wendy Rozema said...

I like to wake up early!

wendywynsma at gmail dot com

Diana said...

I get up very early in the morning for alone time!
hrddiana556@gmail.com

kpintn said...

I sit in the tub......for a looooong time!
kpintn/at/hotmail/dot/com

Candie L said...

I get me time by the 45 minute commute to work every day (rural area with deserted roads). Thank you

candieluster(at)gmail(dot)com

Patty White said...

I wake up before everyone else so I can sit out back with my coffee ans watch the sun rise.

Amanda said...

I get up before everyone else so I can have some coffee and check my e-mail.

amanda.corley@ymail.com

sibabe64 said...

lately, I get up to have a cup of tea and my cigarette b4 everyone else wakes & if have more time I've been hooked on my new iphone which i love the games on there

sibabe64 @ ptd . net

sibabe64 said...

lately, I get up to have a cup of tea and my cigarette b4 everyone else wakes & if have more time I've been hooked on my new iphone which i love the games on there

sibabe64 @ ptd . net