Sunday, March 4, 2012

What Happened to Hannah by Mary Kay McComas...R&G!



I just finished a great read....What Happened to Hannah by Mary Kay McComas.  This is a touching account of stength and love and one I think you will all enjoy.  Here is the scoop...

As a teenager, Hannah Benson ran away from home in order to save herself. Now, twenty years later, the past comes calling and delivers life-changing news: her mother and sister have passed away, leaving Hannah the guardian of her fifteen-year-old niece.

Returning home to bitter memories and devastating secrets, Hannah must overcome her painful past to pave a future with her niece, the last best chance at a family for both of them. She begins to create a new, happier life with her niece and rekindles a relationship with Grady Steadman, one of the few people she’s ever called a friend.

But she can’t forget what she cannot forgive, or lay to rest those ghosts that will not die. Will love and trust—and the truth—give her the strength to stand her ground and fight for what she deserves?


This was a quick read for me....not because it was an "easy" read (in fact some of the painful things the main character lived through were quite difficult to read!) but because I enjoyed Hannah's character so much that I couldn't bear to put the book down.  I just wanted things to work out for her.  Don't you love it when you find a book with a character you immediately begin to root for??  For me, that is a sure sign of a great author.  Mary Kay McComas has created a cast of characters you will find yourself rooting for and investing in as you read.  When the book was over I was sad....I wanted to keep following Hannah on her journey. Another sign of a great author.  Well done Mary Kay McComas...you have a new fan in me!  You can pick up this read today on Amazon...
I am so pleased to tell you that Harper Collins is giving one lucky RBM reader a copy of What Happened to Hannah! Thanks so much to the sponsor and good luck readers! Click on "read more" below to enter in the rafflecopter form....
a Rafflecopter giveaway

34 comments:

LUCKYLADY48 said...

If You mean Goodreads yes , but any other book club to buy books no.
luckylady4163@yahoo.com

LUCKYLADY48 said...

I left a comment on your Facebook page= DARLA KIDDER.
luckylady4163@yahoo.com

slb3334 said...

I have been and am part of goodreads.

slb3334@gmail.com

sandy1955 said...

No, not part of a book club but both my sister and daughter read all the time
sandy1955 at comcast dot net

Jackie said...

I'm not part of a book club, although my friend keeps asking me to join hers.
Thanks!

Kendra said...

I have been in a book club for a few years now with a great group of women! We have a lot of fun getting together every month :-)

McKim said...

No, I'm not part of a book club.

Shannon said...

Yes! My friends and I have a monthly book club


snaugle81@gmail.com

April G said...

No, I'm not part of a book club. :(

elaine said...

No,I am not part of a bookclub-just really enjoy reading.

Elaine R
emrosser@shaw.ca

Kristie said...

Yes, I am part of a book club at my local library. As librarian sometimes I lead the discussion. kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.

Kristie said...

Commented on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=153953941392939&id=112329868790237&comment_id=316210

Kristie Morrison Donelson

kristiedonelson(at)gmail(dot)com Thank you.

Jenna Wood said...

No, I am not part of a book club.

askandilltell86@aol.com

Nancy said...

I am not presently part of a book club.

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

Nancy said...

FB Comment: Nancy D - - - - - -

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

Nancye said...

I am not in a book club.

nancyecdavis AT bellsouth DOT net

Tamar said...

Not part of a book club :-( Tam S.

Heather said...

I am not, but as much as I read I should be!

Valerie Taylor Mabrey said...

I ma not part of a book club yet
vmkids3 at msn dot com

A. said...

I am a member of paperbackswap and goodreads, and I have been a member of book of the month club and quality paperback club in the past. I love to read!

awhartness said...

I am not a part of any book clubs.

awhartness said...

I am not a part of any book clubs.

Robin said...

No, not part of a book club
robinlscott4 at hotmail dot com

Diana said...

I do not belong to a book club
hrddiana556@gmail.com

Beth said...

Not currently, but I have in the past!

bethsbookreviewblog2 AT gmail DOT com

Gale said...

Not part of a book club. :-)

aga5005 said...

no

Nicole C. said...

no, I am not.

choateorama(at)gmail(dot)com

pauline15 said...

No a book club per se, but a bunch of us at work rotate our books as we read them. It saves us alot and we get to enjoy many additional books!
pauline15_01(at)hotmail(dot)com

DebbyM said...

No, I'm not a part of a book club. I have thought about joining one...or forming one.

Thanks,
DebbyM
vadebby at cox dot net

pmj said...

not a member of a bookclub
pjames330 at aol dot com

bloomerbear said...

No not a member of a book club :(

pattifritz2000 at yahoo dot com
thank you

Atreau said...

Yes, I'm part of a book club.

Melanie Comello said...

I am not part of a book club, bur love to read, and do so all the time.