Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Sold!


Things have been wild and crazy here at Reviewed by Mom and I have a TON to catch up on.  I will be working on that this week (I promise!) but here is what has been keeping me extra busy these days....

Last week we closed on the first home we ever purchased.  The home where we brought home all three of the children.  The home where we created lots of love and memories.  The place we called home for 13 years. Can you tell I was a wee bit emotional about the whole thing?  Well, I was.  I am so happy to be completely moved out but it really was tough to close the door on our first home. 

When we were all done moving all of our piles of stuff (and boy did we have a lot!) we were left with what were supposed to be empty rooms except, they weren't.  There were devoid of "stuff" but the rooms were still filled with memories that took my breath away. Call me crazy (because maybe I am!) but I walked through each and every one of those rooms and relived flashes of memories for each and every one.

Here is the room where I tucked the two boys I feared I would never be lucky enough to have each and every night....

And the room where I nursed and rocked the daughter who is such a treasure....

And the hallway where thundering little feet would dance, jump and frolic....

And the kitchen where friends and family would congregate for dinners, drinks and conversation...

The dining room where the always missed Grampy John would sit for barbecue dinners and homemade pies....

And the door....

The door was the hardest to leave.   Each and every inch of my three treasures is recorded here on this door along with those of the children who lived here before.  I hated to leave this door but we made detailed copies which we will transfer to our new home.  We take those inches with us.

When Tom and I drove away from the house for the last time I looked back until I couldn't see it any longer.  I know people say you should never look back but I wasn't doing it in a way full of regrets.  I was looking back in gratitude and goodbye to a house which helped us to create so many wonderful times and memories.  Goodbye little house and thanks for the memories!

4 comments:

Denise Taylor-Dennis said...

I am not sure if selling was what you wanted to do to move on to a better home or moving for some other required reason. I can only imagine how hard it was for you. I wish you the best of luck in your new place.

Hifam said...

What a beautiful house! I hope you love your next home as much as this one. I was just asking my 8 year old today if she remembered the last home we lived in (5 years ago). It was interesting to hear her memories of the house.

anastaciagrace said...

Aww, moving and leaving a home is always hard to do, but there are many new memories to be made in a new home!!

Mom said...

Oh, yes....this is actually a GOOD move :). We are moving to a neighborhood I love (we are currently house sitting while we begin renovations on our new house). I was really struck by how sad I was though....I should not have been surprised since I am such a sap :).