Friday, May 4, 2012

Harriet Beamer Takes the Bus...R&G!

I have a delightful new release to tell you about today....Harriet Beamer Takes the Bus by Joyce Magnin. This was a great read and one I felt like I didn't want to end.  Here is the scoop this book, available now....


Summary:
Aging and widowed Harriet Beamer insists she’s getting along fine with her dog Humphrey in Philadelphia … until she falls for the fourth time, injuring her ankle and causing her son and daughter-in-law to cry foul.

Insisting Harriet move in with them in California, they make a bet that her ankle is broken and she foolishly promises to move if they’re right. Four X-rays later, Harriet’s ankle – and her heart – are broken. She packs up, ships her huge salt-and-pepper-shaker collection to California, and prepares to move away from the only life she knows.

The catch? She’s doing it her way. Just wait until her daughter-in-law hears Harriet will travel cross-country only by public transportation and alternate means. What follows is a hilarious, heartwarming journey by train, metro bus, taxi, and motorcycle. Along the way, Harriet discovers that although her family thinks it’s time for her to be put out to pasture, God has a different plan.


About the Author:
Joyce Magnin is the author of five novels, including the popular and quirky Bright’s Pond series and the middle grade novel “Carrying Mason.” She is a writing instructor and frequent conference speaker.  Joyce lives in Pennsylvania with her son, Adam, and their crazy cat, Mango, who likes to eat nachos.

At first I was unsure if I would be able to identify with a character so much older but this was not the case at all.  Right away the author had me rooting for the spunky Harriet and I was delighted to be with her on her adventure.   Harriet's adventure is both physical (she takes a BUS across the country for goodness sakes!) but it is also a journey from within.  Harriet's real journey, I think, is in what she learns about her self along the way.  Harriet Beamer Takes the Bus is a heartwarming tale for all ages and is a book you can easily lose yourself in.  I think this book would make a great Mother's Day gift as well. Pick up your copy today on Amazon....

I am so pleased to tell you that one lucky RBM  reader will win a copy of Harriet Beamer Takes the Bus by Joyce Magnin.  Thanks so much to the sponsor and here is how to enter....
a Rafflecopter giveaway

23 comments:

Jackie said...

I'd go to Chicago!
Thanks!

momma8385 said...

I would go to Alabama - a dear friend of mine lives there now.
Thank you for the chance.
:)Jeanne B.T.

Kristen said...

I'd like to go to Texas.

Kristen said...

I have your button
http://couponboss.wordpress.com/giveaway-blogs/

Renee said...

I'd head straight to Orlando to see Mickey!
yeloechikee at hotmail dot com

Tamar said...

I'd go to San Fran.

Valerie Taylor Mabrey said...

alabama to visit family
vmkids3 at msn dot com

Nancy said...

I'd like to take a bus to Branson.

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

Kimberly R. said...

I would go to Chicago.

Renee G said...

I'd like to head to Seattle.
rsgrandinetti@yahoo(DOT)com

Hifam said...

I'd take one to D.C. I love it there. button: hifam7.blogspot.com

awhartness said...

I would like to go to Decatur, IL.

awhartness@yahoo.com

Sunnie said...

I would go to California to see my family
sunniewoodyplus2 atmsn.com

Diana said...

Disneyland!
hrddiana556@gmail.com

Iliana Reyes said...

I would go to Las Vegas!

rocky.mart at yahoo dot com

Anonymous said...

I would take my family to Kansas so we could visit my hubbys family Laura R-c themom3@hotmail.com

Shelley P said...

I would like to take a bus to Florida.

Paige said...

I would go to Sedona Arizona!

willdebbie said...

I would go to Chicago
willdebbie97@yahoo.com

Aimee Murad said...

kansas city to see family

aimee murad at gmail dot com

KatieRox4You said...

I would go to MA
Thanks!!!
katielovesdeals@yahoo.com

Lisa R said...

florida

sibabe64 at ptd dot net

tjmetz said...

I would head to Texas to see my family!
draoi7383 @ yahoo.com