Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Klampie Mystery by Luis Rodriguez...R&G!

Today during story time, the kids and I read the same story three times in a row.  This is NOT because we don't have an enormous bookshelf full of wonderful books but because they were so taken with a new book they could not get enough!  The book?  The Klampie Mystery by Luis Rodriguez!  Here is the scoop...

Samantha and her parents go on an adventure down under to Australia. Samantha gets a stuffed koala and names it "Klampie"; since his arms clamp onto anything, like a real koala. Follow Samantha as she is amazed by the differences between the two countries. And then something unexpected happens on the plane ride home the koala on Samantha's backpack turns out to be a real...a real mystery!

This book is really just so sweet.  As a parent, I thought it was a great mix of educational information and fun.  The author includes some real facts about Australia such as climate, time change and the meaning of a "barbie" (hint...it's not a blonde doll!).  He also touches on what kids in the targeted age group (4-8) adore....a good mystery!  A&W loved following along on the adventure of the plush Klampie and the real Klampie who unexpectedly takes his place resulting in a big, midair surprise!  My son W was so involved in the story that he got a little anxious about where the real Klampie would end up and if the plush Klampie would ever be found.  Of course, as with all great children's stories, everything works out in the end.  The illustrations were a nice accompaniment to the story with soft lines and  colors and a Klampie who looks 100% huggable.  If you are looking for a fun read for your older pre-schooler and school age child pick up The Klampie Mystery by Luis Rodriguez today...


I am so pleased to tell you that the publisher is offering one lucky reader a copy of The Klampie Mystery! Thanks so much to the sponsor and here is how to enter... a Rafflecopter giveaway

41 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to read this with my 3 kids

Shanna P said...

I having trouble with the Rafflecopter, can't get it to work. I'd love to win though!
shannalynn1208@yahoo.com

Shanna P said...

I having trouble with the Rafflecopter, can't get it to work. I'd love to win though!
shannalynn1208@yahoo.com

EMMAHORTON said...

HORTON111@AOL.COM

TROUBLE, TROUBLE AND MORE TROUBLE WITH RAFFLECOPTER...WON'T WORK FOR ME EITHER

Myria - Beloved Bijou said...

I would like to read it to my daughter. I'm a big fan of Luis

coliebear said...

I would like to read this to my five year old.
lenz.nicole(at)gmail(dot)com

Ang said...

My kids would love this story!

Ang_vaughan at yahoo.com

Ang said...

My kids would love this story!

Ang_vaughan at yahoo.com

Nancy said...

I'd read this book to the kids in our family.

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

Renee G said...

I would like to read this with my son.
rsgrandinetti@yahoo(DOT)com

Hifam said...

I would read this with my youngest son and daughter. Sounds like a good one!
button: hifam7.blogspot.com

Shelley P said...

I would love to read this story to my kids. They love books!

Anonymous said...

my youngest granddaughter

Mayra Limeira said...

My little cousin Bia! :)

phxbne said...

my daughter

mverno said...

like to read it to my grandchildren
mverno@roadrunner.com

Anonymous said...

my nephew
gkuroda(at)gmail.com

Hotsnotty2 said...

I would love to win this for my daughter, thanks!

Hotsnotty2@hotmail.com

Tamar said...

I'd read this to my son now and my daughter when she's old enough. She's only 6 days old though :)

toughturtles said...

i would read it to my niece

Jeni said...

I would like to read this to my son

CAJUNMAN12 said...

My nieces would love to read this

Valerie Taylor Mabrey said...

think my granddaughter would love it
vmkids3 at msn dot com

Iliana Reyes said...

I would love to read this to my little 5 year old brother!

rocky.mart at yahoo dot com

Candie L said...

I would like this for my youngest son. Thank you

candieluster(at)gmail(dot)com

tjmetz said...

I would love to read this to my daughter who is 5

momma8385 said...

I would read this book to my grandson. Thank you for the chance.
:)Jeanne B.T.

awhartness said...

I would like to read this book to my granddaughter.
awhartness@yahoo.com

Wendy Rozema said...

to my kids

Diana said...

I would read with my granddaughters
hrddiana556@gmail.com

Erin Cook said...

I would love to read this story to my four year old daughter
cookster77@aol.com

kat said...

I would love to read this to my grandkids.
kat_emerick@yahoo.com

J M said...

I would read this to my grandkids, I am sure they would love it!

Crib Couture said...

I would read this story to my children. Thanks for the chance.

Crib Couture said...

Your button is at http://cribcouture.blogspot.com

Caitlin McClure said...

my son!

AEKZ2 said...

I'd like to read this to my daughter

daveshir2005 said...

I would like to read this to my niece.

daveshir2005@yahoo.com

fb/ shirley greenawalt zolenski

Jen Horner said...

I would read this to my son.

Anonymous said...

This book really sucks. Bad.

Anonymous said...

I've read very disturbing things about the author. I think his book is very bad and not suited for children.