Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Sweet End of School Idea!!

As you all know by now, I am a sentimental gal.  I like to save artwork.  I take a lot of pictures. I am probably too quick to cry over milestones.  At least I can admit to it, right??  In any case, I am excited to be starting something this year for A&W that will, ultimately be their graduation from high school gift.  Pre-school is ending for them next week and in preparation I have given their wonderful teachers a book to sign for each of the boys.  You all know it, it is classic Dr. Seuss and a graduation gift staple....

 Oh, the Places You'll go is in inspiring tale by Seuss about the wonderful adventure that is life.  My plan is to, each year, have the children's teacher sign within the pages of the book.  It can be a bit of advice, a memory, any sort of tidbit about their experience with my child that they would like to share.  When the kid's graduate, they will have a book filled with gems from the people who helped them on their educational journey.  I  know I would have loved a treasure like this and I sure hope my kiddos like it too. 

I also like that this is a "once a year" type of thing.  It makes it a project that is relatively easy to commit too...you only have to remember to bring the book in once per year!  Right now Amazon has the hardcover version I purchased on sale for just $10.79. This is a 40% savings and now is a great time to  pick up copies for the children in your life to start this tradition too!


 

1 comment:

Denise Taylor-Dennis said...

This is such a great idea. I think I will do this with my son he is in preschool now. He will be there for a few more years.