Wednesday, June 27, 2012

American Reunion...Coming Soon! R&G!


AVAILABLE JULY 10th ON BLU-RAYCOMBO PACK – FEATURING DVD, DIGITAL COPY & ULTRAVIOLET– AND ON DVD & ON DEMAND

INCLUDING AN UNRATED VERSION NOT SEEN IN THEATERS


In this latest installment of the American Pie franchise, the gang was invited back to their ‘90s-inspired high school reunion, and here, we too will pay homage to one of our favorite decades! We'll offer tips and hints on how to rock all of the best and most classic 90's fashion, as well as share some of our favorite jams from the decade.


 
THE CLOTHING



The 90’s were responsible for bringing us two very important, yet very different, key styles: The first look is the Seattle influenced “grunge” look. In order to achieve the perfect Kurt Cobain approved grunge appearance, slackers of the 90’s donned an array of garments: flannel shirts, greasy hair, and baggy, ripped jeans for men, and jean shorts over tights with heavy work boots for the women of the grunge era.

  

On the opposite end of the spectrum, we have the preppy, school-girly look embraced by all of those who wanted to be just like Cher Horowitz from Clueless.  This look was sported exclusively by women, and consisted of things such as knee high socks, baby-doll dresses, and an abundance of plaid. Shoes were mostly Mary-Jane styled, with the older fans of this style making their look a bit more sophisticated with shoes with higher heels.

  

THE HAIRSTYLES

If there is one haircut in particular that SCREAMS “90’s”, it’s what’s commonly referred to as “The Rachel”. This bouncy, layered ‘do made infamous by Friends star Jennifer Aniston’s was the most coveted look by women young and old, and is actually still imitated today – nearly 15 years after its creation.




THE JAMS



Though the 1990’s were only a sole 10 years just as any other decade is, it most definitely was all encompassing as far as music was concerned. Not only did we have the grunge artists such as Pearl Jam, Nirvana, and Smashing Pumpkins, but also the emergence of the “Alternative” genre, which remained very ambiguous prior to the 90’s, but grew to include artists such as The Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Foo Fighters, and Bush.  The 90’s also saw a surge in sugary pop music that included “Boy Bands” such as The Backstreet Boys, N’Sync and 98 Degrees, as well as the pop princesses – i.e., Britney Spears, Christina Aguilera, and Jessica Simpson.


To celebrate this upcoming release (I can't WAIT to watch....I loved American Pie when it first came out!!!) one lucky RBM reader will win a copy of American Reunion along with some beer flavored lip balm (hilarious!!).  Thanks so much to the sponsor and here is how to enter.... a Rafflecopter giveaway

83 comments:

Denise Taylor-Dennis said...

I am pretty sure I watched the original one.

Denise Taylor-Dennis said...

Your button is on my blog at http://savingmoneycanbefun.blogspot.com/

FB comment https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=455584207785595&id=112329868790237&comment_id=5644351&offset=0&total_comments=1

Amy B said...

Of course I did!

Jerica said...

I watched secretly. I was pretty young so don't tell my mom. lol

samantha said...

No, I didn't even know about them until my husband watched some of them.

Jessica Snook said...

Of course I watched it :)

G K said...

Of course I did. It's one of my favorites.

G K said...

I left a comment:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=439868026036418&id=112329868790237

Wild N Mild $$$ said...

Watched all of them.
Jennifer Rote
wildnmild4u at yahoo dot com

Raising My Padawans said...

Yes, I watched the original back then.
-Heather S

Jason B. said...

Yes I watched American Pie.

mar said...

No I have never seen American Pie!

Shooting Stars Mag said...

I did not!

slb3334 said...

I did not.

slb3334@gmail.com

butterfleyez115 said...

No I didn't watch it until 2004

Anonymous said...

yes, i love those movies
Tiffany Lane
mckenziesmom1@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

definitely watched them.

cyndi br said...

yes I did

akronugurl said...

i have seen all of them!!

left a FB comment under: Stephanie Jones

freebiel0ve@yahoo.com

Mysharona said...

i saw the first two

LUCKYLADY48 said...

Yes I have seen the original .

LUCKYLADY48 said...

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=442392982450589&id=112329868790237

LUCKYLADY48 said...

FB name Darla Kidder.

peterg201 said...

I daw the first one and the followup (on DVD)

jlafount said...

I like the first couple of pie movies

April said...

Seen all of them the first is a classic, and the 2nd made me laugh so hard I was in tears!

ssgsweeps @ hotmail .com

vboackle said...

never did get to see.

Cody said...

Yep, but only the first one
cody_endres(at)hotmail(dot)com

Charlotte Padgett said...

Sorry, I never saw it.

littlelatina said...

I saw it in the movies when it first came out

danw78704 said...

twittrd yhis, 3/7

Kat's Fantastical World said...

I watched them when they first came out.

Katie Wurn
kpopjunki.blogspot@gmail.com

bbrittbrat1398 said...

I did and I loved it.
BBrittBrat1398@yahoo.com

Anastasia said...

I did watch it! Amazing how it's kept going! .... Now I feel old ;D

corey1971 said...

Yes I watched it and loved it! (CoreyOlomon at gmail dot com)

ExitsAngel said...

I've seen American Pie a zillion times! I own it.

Kat's Fantastical World said...

Added your button to my blog here
http://kpopjunki.blogspot.com/


Katie Wurn
kpopjunki.blogspot@gmail.com

Shanee said...

I loved America Pie, but haven't seen the new one yet!

shaneemcfarland@gmail.com

Cinderella10383 said...

I absolutely watched American Pie in the 90's, I love those movies.

Jamie Brigham
PrettyInPinkWife @ aol dot com

Jen said...

Yeah I watched it

Erika said...

WAtched all of them in the theaters with my now husband:) Love that series and can't wait to see this one!

Nancy said...

I watched!

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

Alycia said...

I remember watching American Pie 2 at a drive in theatre. :)

wyguymom said...

Yup, class of 1999 here!

dario moniz said...

i can remember watching it at the movies and who i was with i was a junior in high school


yanktheese@yahoo.com

Brad said...

I watched it on video

Jim W. said...

I watched it on DVD.

Aimee Fontenot said...

Yes, I watched American Pie when it came out. Of course, I watched it secretly at my friend's house.

Caryn said...

Yes- I saw all 3 in the theater

caryn9802 at yahoo dot com

Nicole C. said...

Yes, I loved American Pie!

choateorama(at)gmail(dot)com

helpful heather said...

i loved american pie!!! heather.loftus@aol.com

Tamar said...

yup, I saw it

Daniel M said...

ayup i sure did - regnod(at)yahoo(d0t)com

Erika P. said...

Yes I watched American Pie.

Anonymous said...

Not when it first came out, but I have seen them all

morganowl28 at gmail dot com

amymarie2777 said...

Yup, I sure did.

Shelley P said...

Yes, I watched American Pie!

Erica C. said...

I definitely saw these movies!
ericacarnes(at)gmail(dot)com

Valerie Taylor Mabrey said...

no
vmkids3 at msn dot com

CAJUNMAN12 said...

Yes, I watched American Pie in the 90's

Damian Jarreau

Anonymous said...

Yes I did watch it way back when

kannw79 at gmail dot com

Joy said...

Yes, I did.
magic5905 at embarqmail dot com

imaclutz89 said...

Of course I watched American Pie in the 90s! Also watched this one in the theater and loved it!

sugarsweet7202@yahoo(dot)com

Anonymous said...

No, I did not. Marco

flashlight13114 AT yahoo DOT com

michelle colon said...

yes i loved it! It was kinda wierd watching mena survari though she used to be really good friends with my little sister in middle school!

Carolyn Daley said...

Yes, I watched American Pie in the 90's and I saw the American Reunion the week it came out in honor of the past movies I enjoyed.
darkmysticnight(at)hotmail(dot)com

susansmoaks said...

of course, i loved it
susansmoaks at gmail dot com

Julia B. said...

Nope! My mom thought it was too innappropriate for me. But I've watched it as an adult!

amy16323 said...

no i did not
amy16323(at)gmail(dot)Com

tavernie said...

Yes we did!!!
ptavernie at yahoo dot com

akronugurl said...

button: http://akronugurl.blogspot.com/

freebiel0ve@yahoo.com

peppersalt said...

I may have watched it but do not remember.

Breanne said...

No I was way too young

amyd said...

yes i did!
ardelong2(at)gmail(dot)com

Diana Stanhope said...

Yes I did watch American Pie when it came out.

daveshir2005 said...

I sure did.

email/ daveshir2005@yahoo.com
fb/ shirley greenawalt zolenski

daveshir2005 said...

grabbed button
http://daveshir2005.blog.com

email/ daveshir2005@yahoo.com
fb/ shirley greenawalt zolenski

Derek Timm said...

Yes, I have seen every single on except the newest!

Jim said...

i saw american pie in the theater

jim.coyne2@verizon.net

Lisa said...

Yes I watched all of the american pies

Tabathia said...

Yep, loved the original one

Jessica Anderson said...

Yes, I watched it.

jessicabanks1721@yahoo.com

Atreau said...

Yes, I saw it!