Friday, June 8, 2012

The Unseen by Katherine Webb....R&G!

Ready for another great book??  I told you I have a been a reading maniac lately!  This time I was so excited to dive into the latest Katherine Webb novel (loved her book, The Legacy!), The Unseen.  Here is the scoop....

From Katherine Webb, the author of the acclaimed international bestseller The Legacy, comes a compelling tale of love, deception, and illusion

A vicar with a passion for nature, the Reverend Albert Canning leads a happy existence with his naive wife, Hester, in their sleepy Berkshire village in the year 1911. But as the English summer dawns, the Cannings' lives are forever changed by two new arrivals: Cat, their new maid, a disaffected, free-spirited young woman sent down from London after entanglements with the law; and Robin Durrant, a leading expert in the occult, enticed by tales of elemental beings in the water meadows nearby.

Quickly finding a place for herself in the underbelly of local society, Cat secretly plots her escape. Meanwhile, Robin, a young man of considerable magnetic charm and beauty, soon becomes an object of fascination and desire. Sweltering in the oppressive summer heat, the peaceful rectory turns into a hotbed of dangerous ambition, forbidden love, and jealousy—a potent mixture of emotions that ultimately leads to murder.

This book was delicious!  Murder, mystery, intrigue, love....I simply could not get enough.  Katherine Webb is a master of creating a compelling story and the players in this read were perfection.  From the mysterious maid with a past to the incredibly naive Hester to the gruff housekeeper Sophie, I was taken in by them all. 

The story bounces back from 1911 England (I actually FELT I was there!) to present day with a journalist named Leah doing a story on a unidentified soldier.  While I enjoyed both stories I definitely found myself more into the tale from 1911...there was just SO much going on.  This book absolutely, positively kept me guessing until the end and Katherine Webb has officially found a permanent spot on my favorite authors list!  Pick up this read from Amazon today....
I am so pleased to tell you that the publisher is giving one lucky RBM reader a copy of The Unseen! Thanks so much to the sponsor and here is how to enter... a Rafflecopter giveaway

38 comments:

Monja Blue said...

Curled up on my windowseat with an iced tea!
MonjaBlue(at)gmail(dot)com

Hifam said...

My favorite place to read is in my room, or if the day is nice, out in my back yard. jody h
button: hifam7.blogspot.com

samantha said...

I love to read outside on a nice cool day.
begesw@yahoo.com

Marga Rodríguez said...

I love to read in a park, wit the sun shinning

margartilve@gmail.com

Lynn said...

I love to read outside in the mornings while my puppy plays lynnbulk83 at yahoo dot com

Amy L. said...

My backyard :)

Jesse said...

I my old wicker chair. It's the most comfy place in my home.

Anonymous said...

I love to read in my easy rocking chair. dollmf@arvig.net

Leslie B. said...

The beach, definitely!


lesliexhope at gmail.com

Sharon Braswell said...

Commented on Facebook @ Sharon Braswell
Just entered your Book Giveaway,The Unseen,by Katherine Webb. Sounds like a good one! Thanks!

Daniel M said...

out on our back screened in deck - regnod(at)yahoo(d0t)com

Diana Stanhope said...

In the summertime I love to read on my porch. We have a wonderful variety of birds that like to come and sing to me and so many butterflies that almost daily one will come and land on my book- it really is magical.

mummyshope(at)aim(dot)com

Diana Stanhope said...

I left a comment for you on facebook. :)

Anonymous said...

my easy chair or in bed

Diane52 said...

I love to read on my front porch
Diane Baum
esldiane@gmail.com

CAJUNMAN12 said...

I like reading by the pool

Anonymous said...

In my backyard.
shawnac68@hotmail.com

MomLovesDeals said...

By the pool

Pam Donica said...

Love reading while sitting in my porch swing! :)

Anonymous said...

I like to read at the beach!

theyyyguy@yahoo.com

Valerie Taylor Mabrey said...

on a hammock
vmkids3 at msn dot com

trichie said...

on the deck

Lana Bradstream said...

My favorite place is on my nice, cool bed.

lanalbradstream(at)yahoo(dot)com

Lana Bradstream said...

My favorite place is on my nice, cool bed.

lanalbradstream(at)yahoo(dot)com

Karen said...

At the beach. Thanks for the giveaway.

President(dot)peaches(at)hotmail(dot)com

willdebbie said...

I love to read on my two story deck over looking the lake
christal c
willdebbie97 at yahoo dot com

Nancy said...

I like to read in my living room enjoying the air conditioning!

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

Ashley Hurtt said...

My favorite place to read in the summertime is on the front porch if it's nice out or in my room if it's not nice out.

ashleyhurtt@sbcglobal.net

Shanna P said...

I love to read out on the back patio where there is a lot of shade and a cool breeze

shannalynn1208(at)yahoo(dot)com

Avy's Mom said...

I love to read on my porch :)

Anonymous said...

anywhere outdoors
gkuroda(at)gmail.com

Charles Burbridge said...

Out floating on my brother's boat.

Nicole C. said...

I love to read by the pool.

choateorama(at)gmail(dot)com

ellie said...

I like to read on my front porch swing

Jenn said...

Next to the pool....if I can ever get the boys to leave me alone.

Lisa said...

on the porch

Atreau said...

I love to read in bed.

daveshir2005 said...

On the back porch.

email/ daveshir2005@yahoo.com
fb/ shirley greenawalt zolenski