Friday, November 16, 2012

California Wine Club....Great Gift Idea!


The holidays are coming, are you ready?  Why not arm yourself with a gift sure to please almost everyone on your gift list?  A membership to the California Wine Club??  Or, better yet, get a membership for yourself and enjoy the treat of always having  quality wine on hand!

The California Wine Club was started by Bruce and Pam Boring in 1990 when they became frustrated trying to figure out which wine to choose from the many options out there.  They created the California Wine Club in the spirit of "one friend helping another" choose a wine. I love this and I feel like it gives the experience a personal feel!  There are four fantstic packages to choose from....

Our Premier Club is our most popular wine gift, featuring monthly shipments of two bottles of award-winning wine from California’s best “mom & pop” wineries and our entertaining 12-page, full-color newsletter, Uncorked®. Wine gifts start at just $36.95*.

Our upper-level club, Signature Series, offers only the rarest and most coveted wines from California. Shipments include two to four bottles of highly rated wine and detailed tasting notes. Wine gifts start at $124*.

Our International Selections features small wineries from around the world. Shipments include two bottles of outstanding wine and an engaging full-color newsletter. Wine gift prices start at $71*.

For a rare and extraordinary gift, consider the Aged Cabernet Series. Our newest and most exciting club features finely aged Cabernets from Napa’s most prestigious wineries. Wine gifts start at $197*.


The California Wine Company sent me two of their lovely wines to taste test (boy, do I love my job!).  I was send two bottles earlier this fall from the Robledo Family Winery.  First the Tempranillo I paired with a nice steak.  It is a full bodied red with hints of spice and just the right amount of "dry".  Next I tried the Seven Brothers Sauvignon Blanc which was a fruity wine (mango!  citrus! lemongrass!) and that one is now a real favorite.  It has the fruitiness I really enjoy in a wine without being overly sweet.  Excellent!

 I think a membership to the California Wine Club would make for a fantastic gift not only for the people on your list but for yourself. Cheers!

Be sure to head over to California Wine Club and get those holiday orders in and find out more about their super packages.  Also, stay up to date by following them on Facebook and Twitter.

Stay tuned for more coming up from The California Wine Club as I review month 2 (I am loving my life right now!!) and even get to offer one lucky reader a giveaway! Thanks California Wine Club!


This  review was made possible by Mom Spark Media.
Thoughts are my own. I received a 2 month Membership to the California Wine Club
for the purpose of this review.

2 comments:

akronugurl said...

this would make a great gift!

- Stephanie J

Austin Baroudi said...

This would be great for my dad. He loves wine!