Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Mom's Apple Crisp...

It is one of my favorite times of the year...Apple picking time!!!  I just love picking apples and I love to bake with them too.  There is something so very comforting about the smell of apples and cinnamon filling up your home.   Bliss!

Just yesterday the family and I headed to a local orchard and loaded up on apples.  I felt so lucky to live by such beauty that I had to share some pictures....





Pretty great, right? It was such a nice day and right when we got home I got busy making apple crisp. My recipe is an easy one but it always earns raves from my family and is always gone in a flash! If you have some freshly picked apples here's a way to put them to good use!

Mom's Apple Crisp
7 C. Sliced Apples
1/2 C. Sugar
1/2 C. Light Brown Sugar
1/2 tsp. Nutmeg
1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Salt
3/4 C. Flour
1/2 C. Butter

Put sliced apples in a shallow casserole dish.  Combine sugars, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and flour.  Cut in butter and combine until crumbly.  Spoon mixture evenly over apples.  Cover and Bake in preheated (350) oven for 30 minutes.  Uncover and bake 30 minute longer.

Eat and Enjoy!  This crisp is great on its' own or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.  Let me know if you try the recipe out too!

2 comments:

momo said...


Mom's Apple Crisp; This recipe sounds really good. I will have to make it for my family. Years ago I worked in an apple orchard, it was a great job.

Ben & Sarah said...

This looks yummy! I've got some apples right now, so it's coming to our table soon!