Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Sean Astin & Vox Populi: Voice of the ‘Occasionally Interested’ People #StartTheVox #ENMNetwork

I think everyone knows who Sean Astin is.  He is a popular actor from flicks like Rudy, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy and, my favorite, The Goonies!!  He also currently a familiar voice in my house these days because he voices Raphael in my children's beloved Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!  On top of being the talented Hollywood guy that he is, Sean Astin, is also a smart cookie.  How do I know this?  Because he produces and hosts a political podcast "Vox Populi: Voice of the Occasionally Interested People."

  Vox Populi is Latin for Voice of the People.  The weekly radio show matches guests with opposing views while Sean guides them through civil discussions. I love this!  I think it is so important to listen to not only your own views but those of  others!  It is an essential way to learn and grow as people.  Sean has started a fundraising effort to raise $30,000 from Kickstarter to raise a little money for this previously virtually unfunded show.  The additional funding will help get some staff to take the show to the  next level.  He currently has just over $20,000 and is 66% of the way there.  Check out this video to learn more....




 With all the craziness going on in our world and with politics, I think it is especially important to take the time to listen to all sides of the debate. I applaud Sean Astin for creating platform that allows people to share views so the listener can hear both sides.  How important it is to be educated on all points of view!  Good luck Mr. Astin....I will be supporting your cause and I will be listening!

To support Sean Astin's efforts and the campaign #StartTheVox, go here, you can find his facebook page here and be sure to follow him on Twitter as @SeanAstin and the campaign using #StartTheVox



1 comment:

Dianna said...

Now this is interesting-- I have been slightly wondering what had happened to him-- We were watching Goonies the other night and its like a light bulb came on--and then I come across this here..thanks