Monday, November 18, 2013

Chicken & Corn Chili Recipe

If you are like me, you are always scrambling to get something nourishing to the table in a hurry for dinner.   Something I have taken to doing is cooking  a big chicken each week.  On the night I make it we have baked chicken with rice pilaf or mashed potato on the side and then I use the leftover chicken for sandwiches and to put into recipes for the following days.  One of my favorite leftover chicken recipe is for Chicken and Corn Chili.  It is SUPER easy and so delicious.  This is cold weather food at its' finest. It is a also a healthy alternative to heavier winter meals. Here's what you do....


Chicken & Corn Chili
1 TBS Olive Oil
1 Large Onion Chopped
2 Cups cut shredded or cut up pieces of cooked chicken
2 Cups Chicken Broth
1 Green Pepper Seeded & Chopped
2 tsp Ground Cumin
1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
3/4 tsp salt
2 Cans Diced Tomatoes With Jalapenos
1 15 oz can of corn (drained)
2 15 oz cans of Cannellini Beans (drained and rinsed)
*Optional:  Tabasco

Directions:  Place olive oil, green peppers and onion in large pot over medium heat.  Heat until peppers and onions are softened but not browned.  Add the rest of the ingredients and cook on medium for 1/2 an hour or (my favorite way!) on low for an hour or two.

That is it....SO easy!  This comes out so yummy and filling for the whole family.  My husband and I each add a couple of drops of Tabasco to our bowls which gives it an extra spicy kick!

Let me know if you give it a try! 


No comments: