Sunday, November 10, 2013

Teespring for Fundraising!

Have you heard of Teespring yet?  It is a crowdfunding platform for groups, communities and causes to design and sell custom apparel.  I had not heard of Teespring until recently but I was intrigued.  Like many people, I have a cause that is near and dear to my heart and I felt that Teespring was something I wanted to explore further.

Teespring allows you to design a shirt which you to then sell on Twitter, Facebook, your blog or anywhere else online.  You (the seller) keeps all of the funds raised for whatever your cause or fundraising effort.  What is really great about this is that the shirts do not print or ship until a set end date.  What this means is that you do not have to pay anything up front or worry about ordering the wrong number or sizes in shirts.  Perfect!  Here is a video that explains Teespring further....


Isn't this so clever?  I really thought so.  I decided to take it a step further and create a shirt for my favorite cause....my Little Free Library.  I realized I have never shared with you all that I have my very own Little Free Library so I will share more about that with you soon.  In a nutshell, I have a darling little structure in front of my house that houses books for people to take and share.  The slogan is Take a Book.  Return a Book.  This cause really speaks to me because of how passionate I am about reading and promoting literacy for all.  I though creating t-shirts  would be a great way to allow the people who love and frequent my library to help support us by allowing us to make some money to fund new books and repairs. 

Making the shirt was SO easy.  There are many styles and brands to choose from (t-shirts, tanks and even hoodies!) but I decided on a traditional t-shirt.  After I chose my brand and color (again many choices and easy to do) I made my design.  Teespring has thousands of logos/pictures to choose from or you can upload your own.  I don't have a logo so I was able to find a book logo which met my needs perfectly.  I added  my text and, viola, I was done!

I set a goal of three weeks for my campaign and hopefully I will reach my goal of 15 shirts (don't you want one??).  This will cause the shirts to be printed and I will earn the funds to get some new books for my Little Free Library which will help support my dream of literacy and books for all.  You can find my campaign here...

http://teespring.com/concordstreetlittlefreelibrary

Teespring makes is easy to create a t-shirt for your crowdfunding endeavor.  If you are passionate about a cause, a member of a  non-profit or even a small business owner, Teespring can quickly and effectively help you meet your goal.  Find out more at on the Teespring website HERE.


*Disclosure: This is a sponsored post. I was compensated to write this review but thoughts and opinions are all my own.



1 comment:

Tammy Woodall said...

"Teespring for Fundraising" - I love the concept. It's a great idea. I hope you reach your goal. Thanks for the information.