Wednesday, November 20, 2013

When I Feel Sad by Cornelia Maude Spelman

The other day I told you about the wonderful book collection by Cornelia Maude Spelman...The Way I Feel Books.  Today  I am here to tell you about another important book from this collection, When I Feel Sad.  Here is the scoop...
"Sometimes I feel sad. I feel sad when someone won't let me play, or when I really want to tell about something and nobody listens. When someone else is sad, I feel sad, too. ... Sad is a cloudy, tired feeling. Nothing seems fun when I feel sad."

Children will take comfort in this story. Readers will recognize similar experiences in their own lives as this little guinea pig describes feeling sad when someone is cross or when something bad happens. Eventually our heroine realizes that feeling sad doesn't last forever.

Once again, Spelman does a fantastic job of putting a name to feelings for children.  We watch as the adorable guinea pig in the story is faced with some sad situations like when a friend won't play with him or when  he misses a far off relative.  The two messages that follow up any of the characters sad situations are tell someone and that it is OK because everyone feels sad sometimes.   What a wonderful message for children to know.  I think it is so important for children to know that it is perfectly acceptable to feel sadness and to reach out for comfort.   This is a book (along with many other from this series ) that I read often to the kids.  I don't want to wait until they feel sad to read this...I want them to  know about how to cope BEFORE they feel it.  This book is just lovely and would be an important addition to your home library.   Pick up your copy on the publisher's website HERE.

I am so pleased to tell you that the publisher Albert Whitman & Company is giving one lucky RBM reader a copy of When I Feel Sad by Cornelia Maude Spelman.  Thanks so much to the sponsor and here is  how to enter.... a Rafflecopter giveaway

41 comments:

christina marie said...

I'd like to win this book for my daughter, Ryane :)

Renee G said...

I would love to give this to my niece.

slb3334 said...

I'd like this for my niece.

Stephen Alexander said...

It would be for my 5 year old!

OmahaCouponClipper said...

my son and daycare kids.

camelfam said...

I'm trying to win this for my daughter.

tatertot374 said...

I would love to give this to my daughter. Thank you

Kimberly Corrigan said...

This would be great for my daughter.

nostalgique said...

my niece mikayla

tina reynolds said...

my daughter Carly

sweepmom said...

I would like to win this for my niece.

ReggieMann said...

I'm trying to win this book for my niece

kaitlin749 said...

I'm trying to win this book for my daughter.

Dorrie Turner said...

I'd like this for my daughter.
dor.turner@yahoo.com

Anita Yancey said...

I'd like to win this for my daughter.

ayancey1974(at)gmail(dot)com

Billie Wilson said...

I would like to win this for my daughter (5) and my two sons (4)(2).

McKim said...

I would like to win this to read to my little grandson.

bb said...

my son

Anonymous said...

my daughter Aerabella
sr132209@scots.edinboro.edu

Jenni Webb said...

Trying to win it for Santa who will then give it to my daughter :)

Jenny Pizana said...

My 3 daughters!

Working Mama said...

My girls would love this!

Bonnye said...

for my daughter :-)

Holly said...

My little one!

Nancy said...

I'd like this for our family library.

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

Ashley Fryer said...

For my sweet daughter.

Danielle Lima said...

I would read this to my niece

Xty C said...

ID love to win this for my niece

Danielle jones said...

I want to win this for my nephew.

wildworldofautism said...

this book would be great for teaching my son with autism about feelings!

wildworldofautism said...

this book would be great for teaching my son with autism about feelings!

Heather said...

I would love to win this for my daughter

Lovemy Ace said...

I would like to win it for my 2 little girls

helpful heather said...

my cousin :)

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

would like to win for my 3 yr old. thank you for the chance!

Diana said...

I would love to read with my granddaughters
hrddiana556@gmail.com

Molli Vandehey said...

its for my son and daughter!

Anonymous said...

This would be for Josie!

theyyyguy@yahoo.com

carol said...

for my daughter

carol said...

for my daughter

Brigette Streeper said...

I want to win this for my daughter.