Friday, December 6, 2013

One Pot Pasta Recipe (Can It Get Any Easier??)....

As I get older (gosh, did I really just say that??) I have found that I like to cook more and more. When I have a big chunk of time I really love to putter around the kitchen and cook. The reality is that by the time dinner time rolls around I have zero time to putter and it is more like scramble. Needless to say, I am forever on the hunt for quick, easy and nourishing meals that the whole family will like. This is why I love my One Pot Pasta Recipe. Yes, one pot. You literally put everything in one big pot and cook it with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. This recipes is a favorite with my family for taste but especially love it because it is so easy. Save this recipe for those nights you are short on time!

 One Pot Pasta 

Ingredients
12 ounce package of thin spaghetti
1 Onion thinly sliced
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp dried oregano leaves
4 Cups Vegetable Broth
1 Cup Broccoli (I used frozen)
1 15 ounce can diced tomato with liquid (I used fire roasted tomato)


Directions:  Put all the ingredients into a large stock pot.  It will  look like this.... 
Push the pasta down to cover and bring the liquid to a boil.  Reduce heat to simmer and cover.  Stirring every few minutes.  Cook for about 15 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.  It will look like this...
You are ready to serve! Season with salt, pepper and parm if desired.  Enjoy!

4 comments:

momo said...

(One Pot Pasta Recipe (Can It Get Any Easier??) This recipe looks and sounds so good to me. I am going to make this for my husband and I this week. I'm getting hungry now.

Elizabeth Harrison said...

Looks delicious. Like the other post said, I am getting hungry now…and I just ate! Yum.

LauraJJ said...

Oh this really looks good and so easy! I really need meals like this for busy days or when I feel too tired to spend alot of time cooking! Thanks for sharing! Cant wait to try it!

slehan said...

Yum It's also very pretty to look at. Thanks for the recipe.

slehan at juno dot com