Sunday, December 8, 2013

Santa! By Rufus Butler Seder....Review

I have a fun book to tell you about featuring everyone's favorite guy in red...Santa! Santa by Rufus Butler Seder is an extra special holiday book that is sure to delight. Here are the details....
Santa Claus is going to town! Marrying the magic of Scanimation with the universally beloved figure of Santa Claus, Santa! is a holiday book unlike any other.

It presents a Santa that readers have never seen before—acrobatic, playful, a little mischievous, filled with joyful energy. Here’s Santa hula-hooping. Santa juggling. Santa doing cartwheels and Santa on a unicycle. Children, as they did with Gallop!, will want to imitate Santa’s irresistibly happy motions. The grown-ups will be unable to stop smiling—it’s hard to imagine a cooler character than this jolly St. Nick as he runs, spins, gyrates, backflips, and blows big bubbles.

Scanimation is the technology behind the instant New York Times best-selling series that started with Gallop!, to most recently The Wizard of Oz. Author and inventor Rufus Butler Seder continues to refine the Scanimations, with ever more smooth-flowing and detailed moving images—perfectly applied, in this case, to the irresistible figure of Santa Claus.

 We already had a Scanimation book in our home library (Gallop, also by Rufus Butler Seder) so we were familiar with the concept of scanamation. However, this did not stop all of us from being delighted in Santa's every move. The kids thought it was hilarious to see Santa hula-hooping and juggling. It is really remarkable how the pictures really do come to life. The words of the book are fun as well. Rufus Butler Seder has a gift for putting words to sounds. For instance, did you know when Santa does a back flip, it makes a "boingy-boing-spring" sound?! The playful words are the perfect accompaniment to the whimsical pictures. This book is fun for the whole family and would make a great stocking stuffer! Pick up your copy today on the Workman Publishing website HERE.

I am so pleased to tell you that Workman Publishing is giving one lucky Reviewed by Mom reader a copy of Santa! by Rufus Butler Seder.  Thanks so much to the sponsor and here is how to enter.... a Rafflecopter giveaway

23 comments:

Pink and Green Mom said...

I have not read one of these books before! It looks so neat!

Danielle jones said...

I haven't but would like to.

Stephen Alexander said...

I have not read one of them!

Renee G said...

I have never read a Rufus Butler Seder Scanimation book before.

slb3334 said...

I have not read any.

KV H said...

I have not read these books, but they look fun.

Erica said...

I have not but they always look so cool in the store!

ERobertson29 at gmail dot com

Jodi said...

I have not read one, but they look really cool! Thanks for the chance to win one!! dealia79(at)gmail(dot)com

Nancy said...

We have not seen these yet.

Nancy
allibrary (at) aol (dot) com

Marianna said...

I haven't read any of these but have seen them in the bookstore! So cool!

Gretchen Luper said...

no I have never read this book before but I sure want to when I win it

Liza Vladyka said...

no i have not

Kirby said...

I have not read them before.

Nicole Lancaster said...

I have never read a Rufus Butler Seder Scanimation book before. This book looks so cool.

Holly said...

I have not, but would love to!

Sarah Marshall said...

I have never read one, but it looks cool and I think I would enjoy it!

Deanna Watson said...

I haven't read one. Looks cool.

Ann Barham said...

I have never read the book, but would love to. It would make a wonderful addition to our library.

boyzrule said...

I have not had the pleasure,
Debnmike moretti

boyzrule said...

I entered the Thomas DVD giveaway

Debnmike moretti

Alita said...

I have and we have one.

Candie L said...

I have to admit that I have never read one before. Thank you

candieluster(at)gmail(dot)com

Lisa Hollinger said...

i haven't read one before but i would like to!