Friday, January 3, 2014

Easy Jam Filled Muffin Recipe!

Today is a snow day.  In fact, it we had a blizzard!  It is currently -5 degrees outside and that is not factoring in the wind chill.  It goes without saying that the kids had no school and we are not going to step foot outside today.  Instead it is movies, blanket forts, books and yummy things to much on.  This morning I made my jam filled muffins and I am having one right now with my tea.  They are so delicious that I wanted to share the recipe with you.  Enjoy!

Jam Filled Muffins


Ingredients
3 1/2 Cups Flour
3 Tbs. Baking Powder
1 1/2 Cup Sugar
1/4 tsp salt
5 Large Eggs
1/2 Cup Milk
1 Stick unsalted butter melted
1 Jar Jam (any flavor.  I used a jar of the raspberry we canned over the summer)

Directions:  Preheat oven to 400.  In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.  In another bowl beat the eggs lightly with the melted butter and milk.  Add the wet ingredients to the dry and combine until evenly moistened (do not over mix).  Add liners to muffin tin (or spray them liberally) and fill each 1/3 of the way full of the batter.  Place 1 generous tsp of jam into center of each muffin.  Fill muffin cups with remaining batter to cover the jam.  Sprinkle generously with sugar.  Bake for 25 minutes.  Makes 12 muffins

What you get is a nice buttery muffin with a sweet jam filling. It is delicious.  I will occasionally double this recipe and  bring to brunches or freeze some too (they freeze very well).

5 comments:

Puddles and Poop said...

These look so good. I am a sucker for muffins. They are great to freeze and there are so many flavor combinations. Thanks for the recipe!

Erin K. (erinknack08@yahoo.com)

GeorgiaBeckman said...

ohhh! Thank you! I'm pinning this one. My husband will love these!

Anonymous said...

OMG these look super delish and I love me some muffins I gotta try these thanks for sharing this one.
heather hgtempaddy@hotmail.com

Dianna said...

Yummmmmmmo----right up my alley---well I guess I will be pinning this then making it--I can eat good muffin almost any time

Gianna said...

Look at those muffin tops. I will have to try this :)