Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year: Happier You! Day 1....Just Dance!

Happy New Year Readers!  It is Day 1 of my Happy New Year:  Happier You Challenge and today is a fun one. Dance.  Yup... Just Dance!

Last week the kids and I were in the kitchen and I cranked the tunes and we all began to cut a rug.  We danced our little hearts out and it was SO much fun.  I felt like a million bucks afterwards and, it occurred to me, we should do this EVERYDAY.  This is one of those little things that you can do to make your heart sing a little bit.  It doesn't have to be fancy or dignified or anyplace special.  Just dance.  You don't need a partner or a hip club (but, by all means, if you have both, go for it!) just a little space, some music and the ability to let your body go.

Now, go on, just dance!  When you are done let that smiley feeling stay with you for the rest of the day.  And while you are at it, come on back here and tell me what you chose to groove to and if it left you smiling.   Me?  I'll be shimmying to Copacabana by Barry Manilow and Rumor Has it By Adele!  Maybe some Black Eyed Peas to really get it going!  Have fun!

PS-Here is a picture my son took of my daughter and I doing  a little kitchen dancing the other day.  It is blurry but we are, after all, doing some fancy dancing!

2 comments:

Maryann D. said...

Children love to dance and enjoy themselves like that! I think it is great exercise and my family also always had fun dancing together!
twinkle at optonline dot net

M Clark said...

That's wonderful, enjoy the new year, children love to dance!! Happy New Year!!