Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy New Year: Happier You! Day 6....Pick Up a Long Last Hobby!

I have  known how to knit since I was about 10.  My grandmother taught me the basic stitches and, through the years, I have turned to knitting as a way to unwind and beat stress.  About ten years ago I even started doing some craft fairs here and there and I loved it.  Fast forward to now and I have not picked up my knitting needles for a couple of years.

I can't really pinpoint what made me stop doing this beloved hobby.  Being busy with the kids, life, blogging are probably culprits...there are only so many hours in the day.  However, knitting brings me relaxation and a feeling of  usefulness....it is so satisfying to wear or give something that I have made.  I decided it was high time I dusted off my knitting needles...

I picked them up and the good feeling came right back.  I am not doing anything fancy...just a pattern I threw together for boot toppers but it feels good to hear the click clack of my needles.  How about you?  Do you have a hobby you have abandoned?  I urge you to give it a revisit.  I will be it makes you feel good and you owe it to yourself to do the things you love. 

I will keep you posted on my boot toppers.  I am almost done with one.  I am excited to wear them as it has been below zero here in Maine...brrr!!!

1 comment:

Sandra VanHoey said...

I use to crochet a lot of baby afghans and loved it. Some were so cute. I never got this fancey with doing what you did but...it is fun and I haven't done it in a long time either.