Thursday, January 2, 2014

Reviewed by Mom Book Club...Labor Day by Joyce Maynard!


Something fun I am doing this year is rejoining/starting  a book club.  It is something I did BC (before children!) and I have really missed it.  I had been talking with some friends about starting one up again and I am happy to say we have one up and running slated to begin, well,  now!  The timing was perfect because my friends at Harper Collins had something fun in store for me!  They sent me copies of Labor Day by Joyce Maynard for everyone in my book club!  Today, I am making the rounds to deliver them to my book buddies....

The book is actually now a movie that is going to be released on January 31st and will star Kate Winslet!  The group and I are going to read the book and then go see the movie together...fun!!  I have already started the book and I love it.  Here is a picture my daughter took of me using her LeapPad while I was curling up the other day with the book...

Maybe Little R will be a photographer one day!  In any case, if you want to read along with my book club please do!  Here is a full description of the book...

As the end of summer approaches and a long, hot Labor Day weekend looms, the life of lonely thirteen-year-old Henry Wheeler is irrevocably changed when he and his emotionally fragile mother show kindness to a stranger with a terrible secret. Now a major motion picture starring Kate Winslet and Josh Brolin, Labor Day is a poignant story of love, sex, adolescence, and devastating treachery.

You can purchase the book at all book retailers or online at Amazon HERE.

Stay tuned to Reviewed by Mom to hear more about what the book club thought of the book (no spoilers....I promise!!) and our trip to the movies.  I hope you will read along with us!

No comments: