Thursday, December 4, 2014

365 Days of Pinterest Day 1....Arm Knitting!

Years ago I was quite a knitter and even did a few craft fairs.  I loved making scarves, booties and purses.  As the years have passed I have found far less time to knit (three kiddos will do that!) but I miss the satisfaction of creating something.  I also realize that I don't have a ton of time to start a project that will take up all my free time.  I need a little instant gratification which is why when I pinned this I was intrigued....

Adorable right??  It was also knit on her arms and promised to be completed in 30 minutes. Sign me up please!   I went to Joann's and grabbed some yarn (two skeins of super bulky) and watched Simply Maggie's easy to follow how to video (find it here....http://www.simplymaggie.com/how-to-arm-knit).  After one hour I had this...

I was SO happy with the results!  I think the next one I make will take me less time because I have gotten into the groove or arm knitting.  This pin is a hit and one I will go back to as an easy and quick project.  The only change I made from Simply Maggie tutorial is I cast on 10 stitches vs the 12 done in the original pattern. 

1 comment:

Julie Waldron said...

My daughter has made several of these scarves for Christmas gifts. They turn out really cute & take no time at all to do!