Friday, December 5, 2014

365 Days of Pinterest Day 2....Banana Bread!

I am always in possession of too ripe bananas just screaming for a good banana bread recipe.  I have a fabulous muffin recipe that oddly doesn't translate well into bread.  I pinned this recipe and decided to give it a try to see if this recipe was the "one" that would please all the members of the house!

Banana Banana Bread from Allrecipes....




Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
  2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
  3. Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
I made the slightest of changes to this recipe based on experience and other reviews. I used more banana....4 whole bananas which was probably about 3 cups.  I also used 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/4 cup of white sugar rather than the full 3/4 of brown.  My version....
This is the "one"!!  It was very flavorful without being overly sweet.  This will be my "go to" banana bread recipe going forward (using the changes I made). Pin it to try later! 

1 comment:

r said...

Thank you! Great recipe- My mom used to make banana bread before school when I was little. Love it!