Saturday, December 6, 2014

365 Days of Pinterest Day 3....Smoothie Time!

I love smoothies.  We have them all the time at our house and I am always looking for inspiration for new flavor combos.  Quite some time ago I pinned this recipe from Kitchen Treaty...

This Coconut Green Smoothie looked amazing so I decided to give it a try. Using the original recipe taken from HERE as inspiration, I made my own version of this healthy smoothie.  Here is my version....

  • 2 cups Spinach (I thawed up some frozen chopped spinach)
  • 1 cup  frozen mango cubes
  • 2 medium bananas
  • 2 cups light coconut milk
  • 2 large oranges
  • 1/2 cup ice cubes
Blend it all together until smooth and drink up!

Mine is not as pretty as my inspiration(not even close!)....
Even though my shake is not nearly as lovely looking as the inspiration recipe it was AMAZINGLY good and made enough for 2 generous sized smoothies.  I feel full and energized from this glass of healthy.  Give it a try and start your day off with a healthy dose of goodness.

No comments: