Sunday, December 21, 2014

Mrs. Cavanaugh's Chocolates Review! Yum!!

Last month I filled you in a little bit on a company called Mrs. Cavanaugh's (find it HERE).  Mrs. Cavanaugh's is a company that started with Marie Cavanaugh in 1972 in Utah with her aunt's pecan roll recipe and has spiraled into a company which has now produced MILLIONS of pounds of chocolate.  I love stories like that....it is just so nice to hear those successes.

I was given the opportunity to review some of Mrs. Cavanaugh's chocolates and I was so excited.  Who wouldn't be??  This is what came to my house....
 Boy, do I love this job!  Now I did have to be careful because these chocolates do contain nuts and one of my kiddos has a tree nut allergy.  So, my husband and I took on the "task" or reviewing these decadent pieces of wonderful. 

We dug into the chocolate bars first.  First of all, I love that these bars are on the smaller size.  They are absolutely the perfect size for a treat and I really appreciate that.  Next the taste.  Oh. My.  Goodness.  I was sent four varieties:  Mindy Mint, Caramel, Dark Chocolate Almond and White Chocolate Almond Coconut and they were all DIVINE. The first thing I noticed was the richness and creaminess of the chocolate.  This is NOT your drugstore chocolate bar.  These are quality chocolate bars that just scream decadence.  I enjoyed all the flavors but the White Chocolate Almond Coconut was a dream.  The mixture of those flavors was sublime. 

Now onto the box of chocolates.  Once again, I was delighted by the quality.  I am picky when it comes to chocolate and I really notice when  chocolate tastes "cheap" or "fake".  These chocolates were delicious and the flavor combinations were outstanding.  If you are looking for a thoughtful hostess gift these chocolates are sure to please.

Mrs. Cavanaugh's has officially earned Reviewed by Mom as a fan forever.  These chocolates are a wonderful treat.  If you are going to eat chocolate it should be amazing and Mrs. Cavanaugh's is the best!  Visit the company website for all varieties and to place your order.  Find them HERE.

Disclosure:  I received complimentary chocolate in order to conduct my review.  I was not compensated and all opinions are 100% my own.

1 comment:

Susan Said What?! said...

These look amazing and perfect for Valentine's Day!