Monday, February 2, 2015

Gone Girl...Review!

 Last Spring I read the book Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn and it blew me away.  I literally lost an entire day because I couldn't put the book down.  It was so smart and clever and dark....it was truly riveting and one of the best books I read all year.  When I heard there was a film coming out based on the book I was both excited and skeptical.  It was hard to believe that anything could come close to how fantastic the book was.

This past weekend my husband and I sat down to watch the movie.  I was excited to see if the film could live  up to my beloved page turner.  In case you are unfamiliar with the book or movie (where have you been??), here is the scoop...



GONE GIRL— directed by David Fincher and based upon the global best seller by Gillian Flynn — unearths the secrets at the heart of a modern marriage. On the occasion of his fifth wedding anniversary, Nick Dunne (Ben Affleck) reports that his beautiful wife, Amy (Rosamund Pike), has gone missing. Under pressure from the police and a growing media frenzy, Nick’s portrait of a blissful union begins to crumble. Soon his lies, deceits and strange behavior have everyone asking the same dark question: Did Nick Dunne kill his wife?

Every Blu-ray™ comes with an exclusive new Amazing Amy story – “Tattle Tale.” The 36-page children’s book is only available with the purchase of the GONE GIRL Blu-ray™.

Buy it HERE.

My Thoughts:  Wow.  First off, this movie is NOT for the faint of heart.  It is a true thriller with twists and turns all throughout.  I am going to be as careful as I can here to not ruin any surprises because that is part of what makes the movie so wonderful.  One of the things I really enjoyed about the book is that I never saw any of the twists coming and the movie makes the same thing happen seamlessly.  I thought Ben Affleck did a great job bringing Nick Dunne to life....his somewhat cocky and detached behavior are spot on.  Rosamund Pike is absolutely amazing.  She IS Amazing Amy.  From start to finish, Gone Girl will leave your breathlessly shaking your head as you try and figure what will happen next.  Don't even try...just let yourself be caught up in the thrilling world of Nick and Amy and be glad  your life isn't as exciting. 

I also want to mention that the addition of the Amazing Amy book with the Blu-ray is just fantastic.  I found myself shuddering and chuckling as I read through it....it was the perfect addition!

Thanks to Warner Bros for the chance to review the movie.  I was given a copy for my honest review and was not compensated for my thoughts.  

4 comments:

momo said...

(Gone Girl...Review!) My second oldest son told me a couple of weeks ago that he rented this movie. He said it had many twists and turns in the movie that you didn't see coming-

Bianca Munoz said...

I love all the actors and Fincher! I haven't had the time to read or watch. But I need too. I heard good things. Thanks for the review.

rebretta veasey said...

I can't wait to see this. Loved the book and like you said I could not put it down!

Best Reviews for site for Alaska Grizzly Bear Tours said...

It feels like you're eating at a Michelin three starred restaurant where the service is impeccable, the ambiance is immaculate but the chef forgot to season the food. Yet as an examination of the insidious nature of public discourse, it's remarkable.