Tuesday, October 13, 2015

The Color Monster: A Pop-Up Book of Feelings....Review!

My daughter and I just finished snuggling up for a wonderful bedtime story....The Color Monster: A Pop-Up Book of Feelings by Anna Llenas.    We both love pop-up books and were looking forward to diving into this one....

Here is the scoop from the publisher....


We teach toddlers to identify colors, numbers, shapes, and letters—but what about their feelings? By illustrating such common emotions as happiness, sadness, anger, fear, and calm, this sensitive book gently encourages young children to open up with parents, teachers, and daycare providers. And kids will LOVE the bright illustrations and amazing 3-D pop-ups on every page!

What a fun book!! First of all, I have to say I LOVED the premise.  Talking to kids about emotions and how they make us feel inside and outside can be tricky business.  The author does an outstanding job of showing the adorable (not scary!) monster feel jumbled with emotions.... 
And describing each of his feelings (yellow for happy, green for relaxed, red for angry etc...).  The solution for the monster is to separate all the emotions so he can fully understand them leaving him at the end feeling.....
 
This book is a true charmer with an engaging story line and pop-ups that will wow your child.  My daughter feel asleep oohing and ahhing over the pages last night.  This book is a must for you home library and would make a lovely gift.  You can purchase this book on Amazon....


Disclosure:  I received the above mentioned book in order to write my review however, I was not compensated for my opinion.  All thoughts are 100% my own.

No comments: